Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How much should I charge?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
A few of my husbands friends from work have asked if they could pay me to make theem lunches for work. My dh always takes in leftovers and his friends at work drool over his food like he brought in a gourmet meal.

I don't know if I want to do this but how would you go about charging them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
treasure1212
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Honestly it depends on the food . Meat its self can be expensive and if you going to do it you need to look at how much more you have to cook and how much more with your grocery bill go up doing it . You don't want to be paying out more then what your getting back . But the average for a lunch at any resturaunt or fast food place is going to range 5 - 10 dollars a person unless they eat off the dollar menus then its 4- 7 dollars per person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
That's tough I would say about 7 per person. Or figure out what you spend on dinner meals for a week then double it. And divide that between the guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on May. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Depending on what it is, I would price it $1-2 dollars under what a restaurant charges.

beco8627
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM
What kinds of things will you be making? And are they serious about you making their lunches for them or were they exaggerating because your food looks good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
They're serious. They've been asking everyday for a couple weeks. Some guy offered dh 5$ for his lunch yesterday...it was pasta, broccoli and beets.

Quoting beco8627:

What kinds of things will you be making? And are they serious about you making their lunches for them or were they exaggerating because your food looks good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would charge a standard lunch fee, maybe $5-$6.  Hey, it's homemade food!

caydensmommy8
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

i wouldnt start that...then everyone is guna want you to make them food but if you do start....charge somewhere between 5 and 10 dollars.

BroCosMom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM
There's a lady here who offers homemade Mexican food cause you can't get good Mexican food around here she charges $10 for regular portion and $15 for a large portion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN