Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

To supportive?.... REALLY long....

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

As im sure a lot of you know ive been making some hair accessories for about 9 months or so. mostly rockabilly, pin up and kawaii hair bows and flowers :) i love doing it and would love the day when i can do it full time and start up a little business. i already have an Etsy i love making new things and putting them out there.

Now as fair as the "to supportive" thing goes. My boyfriend of almost a year who has always been very supportive of this. even trys to give me new ideas haha >.<" now my etsy shop is doing acceptable i get about 2 customers every week or so and they order about 5 items each time. still bums me out that i see other shops who sell 5-10 items a day but i chug along and try to improve :]

well about a week or so ago i had an order for about 5 bows. my bubble mailer wasnt big enough and i had to find a box. my boyfriend (who works at a kind of shipping ish co.) told me he had one and brought it over. i talked to him about how i needed to go find more bubble wrap, i was running out of bubble mailers and defiantly needed to find some more boxes for bigger orders. he said he would look on amazon for me.

*knock knock* about 5 days later a HUGE box is on my door step. i open the box and all i see is bubble mailers O.O a LOT of bubble mailers....100 to be exact. i called him and was like are you crazy?? he said well now your set for life! :)

*knock knock* next day. another HUGE box is at my door step except this time its bubble wrap....i dont even know how much like 50-100 ft. that night he comes over with about 50 boxes that he had from work.

me: are you crazy?? i dont even get that many orders :(

him: but you will! and now your set for life lol and you never have to worry about running and getting bubble wrap or mailers or anything! you'll get more orders and you'll be happy you can just walk out to the garage and get your stuff :))

I really thought he was only going to bring me a few boxes and buy like 10 bubble mailers or something @.@

I LOVE my boyfriend i do. but i think the reason it bums me out a little is because i feel kind of like im letting him down. he bought all this stuff for my shop and i feel like im not able to give anything back. :( he's not able to see me selling more and the stuff he bought me going to use you know? sorry just needed to get that off my chest :( no bashing please.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Momof2almost
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww, I think it is sweet that he is so supportive and has that much faith in what you do!  I'm sure he meant well and didn't mean anything negative by it.   just out of curiosity, what is a bubble mailer?  Good luck and hope you have TONS AND TONS of business!  Everyone has to start off slowly but before you know it you have your own clientel (sp?).  :-)

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
It sounds like you might be over thinking this and putting too much pressure on yourself. I think he was just trying to show his support and faith in your abilities. Stop stressing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmsMama311
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

i know he's just being super supportive :) and i love that about him i guess ive just been feeling bad the past couple of days >.<" over thinking stuff.

and a bubble mailer is like when you get those goldish brownish big envelopes and they are linned with bubble wrap to protect what ever is inside :) 

thank you so much for the kind words to  <3

Quoting Momof2almost:

Awww, I think it is sweet that he is so supportive and has that much faith in what you do!  I'm sure he meant well and didn't mean anything negative by it.   just out of curiosity, what is a bubble mailer?  Good luck and hope you have TONS AND TONS of business!  Everyone has to start off slowly but before you know it you have your own clientel (sp?).  :-)

Momof2almost
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting EmsMama311:

i know he's just being super supportive :) and i love that about him i guess ive just been feeling bad the past couple of days >.<" over thinking stuff.

and a bubble mailer is like when you get those goldish brownish big envelopes and they are linned with bubble wrap to protect what ever is inside :) 

thank you so much for the kind words to  <3

Quoting Momof2almost:

Okay thanks, I feel like a major dummy now!  lol  I've used a bubble mailer before, my goodness.  Sometimes I shock myself with the stupid questions I ask!  lmao!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)