Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suv vs car??

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
So ladies I just need y'alls opinions..in January I traded my focus in for 4runner fpr the extra space..and just because I love changing things (bad habit) but of course the 4runner is an suv which = gas hog..which isn't a huge huge deal now but in a few months I'm going to be moving to a new town that's about thirty minutes from where I work..thats an hour worth of driving a day :/ but I gotta do what I gotta do so anyway I've been looking at maybe trading my suv in for a car..just one thats bigger than what my focus was.
Chevy Cruze to be exact.it has amazing gas mileage plus it's brand new as compared to my suv thats 7 years old..I'm in a bit of a pickle here..just curious as to what you ladies think..anyone have a Chevy cruze by any chance? Do u prefer suv or car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMomma1022
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I prefer an suv. I have the gmc acadia and love it! We just got it and its awesome i get about 17 miles to the gallon. And both kids fit with room for baby #3, also 6 adults can fit comfortably. Even a 6'2" guy can fit in the second row with enough leg room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemarie97
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I prefer my suv too my only concern is that it's older..high miles..and can I afford the gas for work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I prefer suv over a car, but a 4 door truck over an suv. The bed makes it nice for groceries
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Except on rainy days......because i prefer a big truck too ;)

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

I prefer suv over a car, but a 4 door truck over an suv. The bed makes it nice for groceries
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemarie97
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer a man in a big truck ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Get a bed cover! You just lift it, stick your food stuffs in and they're dry when you get home and the 5 year old can't open every single bag just to find her suckers.

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

i prefer SUV, but we have a hyundai elantra. had it for 6 years, bought it new and never had any issues with it. thats our main car because my SUV is a larger one and like to guzzle gas. no idea on the car you want though

ColieO
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I love my SUV. It's a small one though. Gets about 20mpg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I like my crossover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Lol yea that is a good point too.....only problem with that, for me anyway, is that our truck has a 6 in lift and 34 in tires so lifting the cover would be good but climbing up to close it would be the issue and being prego jumping down from that height.....a little risky lol but yes a cover is a good idea for a truck.

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Get a bed cover! You just lift it, stick your food stuffs in and they're dry when you get home and the 5 year old can't open every single bag just to find her suckers.

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)