Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what should i do???

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok so me and my bf (the father of my 2nd baby) have been dating for almost 3 years and ive known him since we were 4, we get along for the most part but ever since i got pregnant with my daughter (my son isnt his child) weve been fighting a lot! and everytime we fight he runs off to his cousins house, i joke and say thats his boyfriend cause they spend a lot of time together! me and his cousin dont get along at all!

im tired of the fighting, i wanna make it work for my daughter and my son but its every weekend were fighting.

part of me wants to leave.....but idk...

the newest problem is my car broke down yesterday and he offered to buy me a new one cause his dads friend is selling one and we can get a good deal on it, but i know if he buys me a car and then if we break up hes gonna hold it over my head and make me pay him back....

idk what to do.......i guess im venting but partially asking for advice....

by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Is give it some time to think about it. It sounds like he's really trying, and maybe there's something bothering him that's making him be this way. Maybe its daddy pressure.

My hubs acted the same way both times before and after the birth of our girls.
I'm tellin' ya, its the testosterone, and the picked up pregnant woman hormones that just dont mix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

yeah maybe i should but right now hes at his cousins....and he most likely is staying out all night...he does that a lot....

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Is give it some time to think about it. It sounds like he's really trying, and maybe there's something bothering him that's making him be this way. Maybe its daddy pressure.

I'm tellin' ya, its the testosterone, and the picked up pregnant woman hormones that just dont mix.

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Just sit down and talk to him. Obviously there's something going on if you two are fighting quite a bit. Maybe he's nervous about having a child soon? Maybe he's nervous that he won't be the best father he can and he feels like he's inadequate and he shows his nervousness and upset by fighting? 

If you want to make it work for your daughter than you two need to sit down and come up with a game plan. You can't expect him to be right there every step of the way if you two are only totally different pages. ;)

jendawgrox2004
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

If you are thinking of leaving definitely don't let him biy you a car. People are viddictive when they are feeling hurt and leaving him would probably make him feel that way. So, he would probably hold the car over your head and make you pay him back. You might try working it out. You are both probably tired and frustrated. Being pregnant is exhausting and being a parent is even more so. Just try talking to him before you decide anything in my opinion.

2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM
I don't blame you for being frustrated. I would be too. It hurts and your heart aches about it. Just tell him what that feeling is like, try to make him think if you were doing this to him, (name everything... Even the petty sh*t) and how he would feel. It'll have him thinking. He may still do his crap, and piss you off, but this right here is 6 years of marriage talking to you, and there will be times you think he doesn't even know you exist! It's a very long, bumpy, roller coaster that you just have to find your groove, and buckle down. Relationships are not easy, and neither is being a mommy. But you can do it, and do it good.

Quoting sadiebug1228:

yeah maybe i should but right now hes at his cousins....and he most likely is staying out all night...he does that a lot....

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN