Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

anyone have/had tmj?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 26 Replies
Df has tmj and still has all his wisdom teeth in. We are in the process of getting them taken out, but have been at the oral surgeons 6 times already and haven't done anything yet. Its a student hospital thing, and the student he had graduated so he has to start over again. So in the meantime we have been going to the emergency/urgent cares to get him meds that somewhat take the pain away. My question is, for those who have had tmj before getting the wisdom teeth out, did you still have it as bad after they were out? What have you done for pain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I have tmj and still have my wisdom teeth. I am trying to get them pulled but can't find a dentist that takes my insurance that is taking new patients....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

What is it? Sounds terrible.

sidneyb
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
What is it?

My wisdom teeth never came thru on the bottom and no signs of it. My top two are just tiny buds that popped out but no problem. And I'm 23
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mutedsapphire
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I have it, even after getting my wisdom teeth out. In fact, I could probably say it's worse. I've researched and talked to my dentist and there really isn't anything that can be done about tmj. It's for life. Mine isn't painful, though...just annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I have and still have my teeth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Its really bad jaw pain. Basically your jaw locks up

Quoting sidneyb:

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I have it, and left my wisdom teeth in. (HORRIFIED of dentist.)

anyway, it has gotten to the point, i wake up and cannot open my mouth what so ever for an hour.

:(

hplesha
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM
His always hurts. I think it mostly flares when his anxiety is bad

Quoting mutedsapphire:

I have it, even after getting my wisdom teeth out. In fact, I could probably say it's worse. I've researched and talked to my dentist and there really isn't anything that can be done about tmj. It's for life. Mine isn't painful, though...just annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mutedsapphire
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM
My jaw gets stuck sometimes and it hurts then, but mostly it just rubs together and makes a clicking noise. Sorry I can't help. I hope he can have it fixed.

Quoting hplesha:

His always hurts. I think it mostly flares when his anxiety is bad

Quoting mutedsapphire:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)