Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

On the road to recovery again! (Pic w/ LOTS of tubes!)

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, after being bumped all day, Shane finally had his operation to re-position and open up his pulminary branch. The surgeon felt terrible that it took two operations & said it should have only taken the first one. We don't blame him for this, he was incredible both times & has saved my sons life time & time again! We are blessed to have him as our surgeon.

Shane did amazing, his pulminary branch is "normal" for now & the pressures are much lower (YIPPEE!). The fluid in his upper body should starting draining in a couple of days. Once again, the next 48 hours are absolutely critical to his recovery. Matt & I would like to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone who has faithfully prayed, been supportive & sent along kind words. We are at absolute peace with our decision and couldn't be more thankful to have such a strong, brave, little boy!

I'm off to try and catch some rest - what a long week it's been.

Here is our little fighter:

Yes, he's got lots of tubes & wires, but this is what a true miracle looks like!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
ProudMamma1982
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Awwe sweet baby!! So proud of your strength Shane!! Keep fighting baby!! Hang in there Tamara And Matt. Everyting is going to look up and be ok!!! Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yay Shane your such a strong fighter!! Everything is going to be just fine hugs and kisses <3 

JMKristy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Awww. Stay strong baby shane! I'm so glad this second surgery went well! Prayers for a successful recovery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Father, please help Shane have a quick recovery! Give the drs. and nurses wisdom and give his family streangth for the days ahead. Amen!

Mommy2B110
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hugs and prayers for baby Shane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM
So glad to hear it went well :) you all are still in my thoughts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM

He has a lot of tubes and wires but he is a truly beautiful child.  So glad that that the second surgery is done, and so glad that the pulmonary brach is looking good right now.  

I hope you catch a little bit of rest.  

Avetay
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Breaks my heart to see all the wires but I know he is a true fighter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:04 AM
*hugs*

I think of you all daily.

I'm so glad to see this update.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OnTheCrazyTrain
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM
:'( thats not cool. Im a firm believer in the saying it shouldnt hurt to be a child and that includes all pain. He will be in my thoughts and prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN