Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Rough night...

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 1 Replies
My horse has been sick off and on for several months. He's been under vet care and I've been following the instructions as best as possible.

No, he isn't in pain, or I would've put him down.

But he has gotten worse over the past couple of months. It's so hard and frustrating!

The worst part is that no one really knows what it is... We treat for X. Seems to work. Y happens. Treat for Y. Seems to work. Q happens.

Then X and Q will happen.

Then XY and M.

And so on.

Its just painful to know that I have this incredible animal in front of me and I don't know how to help him.

The vet is coming back out soon. He wasn't scheduled until the end of May. We wanted to give his new treatment plan 8wks before evaluation. But, I'm going to have to call Monday and see if I can get the vet out sooner.

We went to the Cinco de Mayo parade today. I thought it would take my mind off of my sick baby. Nope. Everytime I saw a mounted patrol horse, I started crying!

And the hardest thing is that DH isn't a fan of my horses. The mare, he doesn't mind bc she's easy going and low maintence. But my gelding... I don't even mention him to my DH anymore bc it always ends in a fight.

Sorry guys. I'm a downer tonight. My big, hooved-baby is sick. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ReiReally
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Awh, that really sucks.
I live with my MIL who has 3 horses my 2 y/o and i visit and ride with several times a week (well at least visit) and i've really come to love horses and i've learned so much about them.

What kinds of things has your horse been suffering from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)