Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Kids having kids

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 29 Replies
TodaY I went to a baby shower/cinco de Mayo party. The mom-to-be is 15. She has been 15 for about 2 months and is due any day now. She's terrified.

Her mom is a family friend. A lot of people showed up... Mostly her moms friends. Her bf left her as soon as the pregnancy test said positive.

I feel so bad for her. I offered her my number for help with breastfeeding (which she asked about) and if she had any questions. We had a nice talk, but she is very seriously terrified.

She was living with her dad when she got pregnant. He basically told her she could do whatever she wanted with no restrictions. Even allowing the bf to spend ths night.

This makes me so sad. I'm just glad her mom is so supportive & she has so many people to support them both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryMom357
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad she has a lot of people who'll support her and willing to help her get through this. Yeah she did wrong in not using pertection, but ya know things happen. I wish her the best of luck.

I've seen Teen Mom and 16 and pregnant, and its so sad to see how these teens have no support what so ever, even from their own parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaN27
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Is it just me or is cinco de mayo party and baby shower a bad combination?

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM
I thought so too, but really it was more like a laid back family get together that you bring presents to. More like a birthday party than anything. Lol

Quoting JessicaN27:

Is it just me or is cinco de mayo party and baby shower a bad combination?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeanZavala
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM
My husband's niece got prego before her quincenera and the boy left. So her dad hunted him down and made sure he took responsibilities for his child. I'm surprised that her dad was the one who's lenient. My husband made it very clear that he will have a "chip" implanted in our girls (omg) lol. I think having support is so important and am glad that her family is supporting her. I had a baby young too so I definately can relate.
Fields456
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a friend who had a baby at15( actually several). But this one is now in her 20 s with 3 beautiful kids with the same guy who is now her dh. It is very sad it happened at such a you g age. But with family support it can turn into something very positive
JeanZavala
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Quoting CountryMom357:

I'm glad she has a lot of people who'll support her and willing to help her get through this. Yeah she did wrong in not using pertection, but ya know things happen. I wish her the best of luck.

I've seen Teen Mom and 16 and pregnant, and its so sad to see how these teens have no support what so ever, even from their own parents.

Me too! But I lost track after the 2nd or 3rd season.
JMKristy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Shes going to have a really rough road ahead of her, but is so lucky to have supportive family there for her!!!

MountieMama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I honestly don't know how they do it so young and alone. Shows that people are capable of much more than they get credit for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.bombshell.
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Poor girl. /:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM
I blame the Twilight series. Lol.

But in all seriousness, I feel sorry for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)