Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

let me start of by saying that i love my kids very much. im not asking this question because i regret anything. im just wondering. 

do any of you guys sometimes wish that you had waited longer to have kids. i had my first at 19 and my second at 23. not extremely young. but sometimes when i hear bout my married friends with no children and how much they go out and have lots of fun. or hear about everyone going to the bar for some drinks. it drives me nuts. sometimes i wonder how different my life would be if i had waited and did things like went to and finished college or had more time to date without children and go out and have fun, to live up my party days ect. 

do any of you sometimes feel the same way?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Replies (31-34):
Gastromama2007
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:48 PM
No. My son literally saved my life.

I was 17 and on the road to destruction. Partying, experimenting, hanging with the wrong crowd.

If he didn't come along and save me from myself, I can almost guarantee id be either dead, or in jail.

My second child was also a blessing...just in different ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I'm 24, and I've done nothing but travel the last 7 years, partied my ass off and I'm ready for baby #1 who's on her way :]
nicole83adam05
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

the only thing I can say is you can still go to school I work part time and do school full time and I am 29 with a 6 yr old my cousin does the same as me and has a 6 yr old and I know some others to from school who are single mothers going to school and working and some with husbands

also you can still have fun and go out responsibly and have drinks and do all that lol

Now I have thought about it what if I ws 21 when I got pregnant not 19 but still lol I think in my personal life my life wouldn't have been so great if I would've waited

Mom2mylilgirlz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I had my first at 18 and 2nd at 20. It was a big lifestyle change for me, being a kid then being a mommy and housewife. I felt like i was missing out for the first 3 yrs after i had my first and at that time my second was already here. I wasnt ready to put myself on the back burner and put my kids before me. I was selfish, of course i always thought of them first and took care of them but i wanted it to be about me. I wanted still to be taken care of, be with my mom. I wasnt ready for kids but what happened, happened. I did graduate, i've been a sahm since i was 6 mos pregnant with 1st dd. I've always had an amazing man to take care of us. We've been together since i was 16. My dh and my kids tied me down to reality and made me grow up super quick and saved me from myself and my own selfish desires. It wasnt easy but in the midst of all this growing up, being a wife and mother so young and so overwhelmed with life, i was saved and God has truly put somethings in perspective for me and it all makes sense.im 24
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)