Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to handle being the new girl?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
My first week at my new job was last week. I love the office and I the other girls are pretty cool. I know it's always awkward for the new person, but how do I go about not feeling sooo left out. Even though I went to school and graduated it was my first time working in a doctor's office and I messed up A LOT, but I also learned a lot. How did you deal with being the new person at your job??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sabaker87
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I started my first job after having kids about a yr agao and I am a very shy person and find that it is hard for me to make friends.  For the most part I was just myself and things came natural. I still make a lot of mistakes but I take the good in with the bad and learn from them. Over time it will get easier. Before you know it they will feel like family to you! Just keep your head held high and everything else will fall into place!

itsblissmas
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I've always found pleasure in just being myself. I like who I am so don't worry about who doesn't. Eventually it all works out. :o)

mymommasgirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I agree. Just be yourself. I also just started a new job (at a nursing home) and there are LOTS of ppl there I just went in said good morning and did what I had to do. A lot of ppl say I'm a people person and pppl instantly connect with me but idk. Lol. Congrat with your new job

Quoting itsblissmas:

I've always found pleasure in just being myself. I like who I am so don't worry about who doesn't. Eventually it all works out. :o)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarinaVictoria
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I love who I am so you are exactly right!

Quoting itsblissmas:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM
How funny. I just started a new job last week too. I just try and ask a lot of questions and get to know everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)