Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

He turns a year, and everything changes...

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

It seems like in the last few weeks some one stuck a quarter in my kid and things have just gone nuts!  All of the sudden he's figured out how to bipass cabinet and drawer locks, how to pull out the light socket covers, discovered how to open our entertainment center doors, and is now scared of any loud noise.  What the heck is going on?????

-Morgan Davies

Mama to Trenton Davies 5/5/11
Wife to Ryan Davies est. 07/19/11

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
young-mommy10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Our ds started rapidly learning new things after he turned one as well.. Basically became a sponge an all crazy from there! Lol just try and keep anything of harm out of his reach, he is just learning more of his world and will get bored soon enough. if he hasn't figured out how to climb on things yet, he will before you know it! Our ds is 17 months tomorrow and just a little terror around here! Lol it's exciting though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla-Kay
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Welcome to toddler-hood mamma lol

My little guy will be 2 in August and yes it seemed like overnight he changed lol

Now I have two of the hook locks on my lower cupboards a fridge strap a chain lock for my doors and keep a rod in the lower half of my sliding door to keep him inside.

I have to use metal folding chairs in place of regular chairs seeing as he LOVES getting his own cups and pouring his own drinks.

Patience mamma is all you can do and show your boundaries :) I hear it gets better after 2 but I'll let ya know lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDavies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Ha Ha,

Thanks Kayla, I guess I'm going to have to start doing more yoga or something!  It's quite a change and it really did happen over night.  The worst part is that we live with the in-laws and they sort of just let him roam free lol!

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

LOL - Welcome to toddlerhood. ;)

MamaDavies
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM

No kidding! 

Toddlers are terrors I swear!

t1gger143
by Katie on May. 7, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Quoting Kayla-Kay:

My little guy will be 2 in August and yes it seemed like overnight he changed lol

Now I have two of the hook locks on my lower cupboards a fridge strap a chain lock for my doors and keep a rod in the lower half of my sliding door to keep him inside.

I have to use metal folding chairs in place of regular chairs seeing as he LOVES getting his own cups and pouring his own drinks.

Patience mamma is all you can do and show your boundaries :) I hear it gets better after 2 but I'll let ya know lol

It doesn't get better until 4 sorry for the bad news. Also 3 is horrible.
squishylove
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
4 is horrible, they become little teenagers with attitudes. 0_o

Quoting t1gger143:

Quoting Kayla-Kay:

It doesn't get better until 4 sorry for the bad news. Also 3 is horrible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDavies
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Yup,

I'm definitely taking up yoga!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)