Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Cloth diapers

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM
  • 28 Replies
Do any of you have experience with them? I'm confused on how they work. I thought you could buy one size and that they last until the baby is like 3. I would prefer to buy one size fits all sorta thing so I'm not buying them continuously. Is it better to buy the ones that you don't need liners for, the AIO ones? How do those work? Do they come with their own liners that you remove and wash? What's a good detergent to use on them? Lol I need this broken down for me step by step because I'm confused as all hell as to how this crap works! Help meeee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ooCherryo0
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Bump! I'm curious too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Nobody? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM

the set i bought has liners that you can remove and wash as well as liners that are disposable for travel purposes, this will be my first time using cloth diapers, they are adjustable in size though, they have multiple snaps and velcro so that instead of just fitting one size, it will fit like sized 1-3 in disposable, 

mrs.miller89
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

We haven't done them but we looked at some at a craft fair last fall. As for the one size fits all thing, this lady had some where they had lots of snaps on the front. Here's a pic:

And she had liners that go in them but I'm not totally sure how that works. You still have to wash the whole diaper but the liners help protect against leaking.

Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Aadensma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM
So they would only last until your baby wears a size 3 in disposables? Where did you get yours from? And what kind of liner works best?

Quoting kmorales7690:

the set i bought has liners that you can remove and wash as well as liners that are disposable for travel purposes, this will be my first time using cloth diapers, they are adjustable in size though, they have multiple snaps and velcro so that instead of just fitting one size, it will fit like sized 1-3 in disposable, 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Those are the kind I'm looking into buying. I don't want the velcrow. Thank you for your help! :)

Quoting mrs.miller89:

We haven't done them but we looked at some at a craft fair last fall. As for the one size fits all thing, this lady had some where they had lots of snaps on the front. Here's a pic:

And she had liners that go in them but I'm not totally sure how that works. You still have to wash the whole diaper but the liners help protect against leaking.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM

i bought the gdiapers system, im not sure yet, i have both, but i'm due in july, im sorry i cant be of much help! 

Quoting Aadensma:

So they would only last until your baby wears a size 3 in disposables? Where did you get yours from? And what kind of liner works best?

Quoting kmorales7690:

cowgirlsmommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM
AIO means you just have one piece. It's waterproof, there's no insert, you cannot change absorbency.
Pocket diapers have an insert that you put into a pocket like opening. They're waterproof and you can put in different inserts or more than one to adjust absorbency.
AI2 have snap in inserts, are also waterproof, usually you cannot adjust absorbency.
Prefolds are pieces of cotten, bamboo, hemp, etc that you can either fold into 3rds and lay it inside a cover or fold it and put it on baby with a Snappi and then add a cover.
Hybrids are waterproof covers and you can either use a cloth insert or disposable insert.
Fitted diapers can be any style and they are not waterproof.
Many diapers are OS and are usually from 7-35 or even 40lbs. My 2 year old still has plenty of growing room in hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlsmommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Here's a page that shows some good detergents...
http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-chart.html

I use Bum Genius with some OxiClean or Lil Outlaws.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN