Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How do I pack? *Update*

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM
  • 43 Replies

I'm moving and I found out that we got accepted Friday and we have until this Friday to get all our stuff packed and moved. Yesterday was DH's bday so Friday we went out for his bday dinner and yesterday we had a party for him so I hadn't had a chance to start packing until today. Today I went to church then a church picnic, went to the store and bought tape, sharpies and got some boxes and didn't end up home until around 4, then I had to cook. Long story short, I didn't start packing until 6. I started in the kitchen, since I was already doing dishes and I've gotten all the pots and pans I don't need this week along with the nick-nacks in the kitchen.

So my question is, How do I get my whole house packed in less than 6 days by myself with a 2 year old up my butt?!

DH is working nights right now, so I can't pack up my room or my bathroom during the day (He wakes up at 3, eats and goes to work at 6 so he has no time to really help)

Help?!

******Tuesday is almost over and I've done: Most of the kitchen, both bathrooms, DD's room and the livingroom (those pictures were a pain in the butt)

That leaves me 3 days to do: our bedroom, the guest room and the rest of the kitchen.... Go me!!! Thanks for the advice ladies, keep it comin! lol

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ffpm10
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Uhhh getting off cm and starting is a good step!!!
Just go.
Not too many heavy things in one box and the more organized you pack, the easier unpacking will be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM
any family can help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_236
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM

go into one room pack that and move onto the next one that is what I do

abbymommy915
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM

lol I'm taking a cig break between each box

I'm writing everything I put in each box so I know what room to put it in the new house so I won't be the person saying "Where did I put that?" lol

Quoting ffpm10:

Just go.
Not too many heavy things in one box and the more organized you pack, the easier unpacking will be.

abbymommy915
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM

The only family that live near me and would actually give up time to help me are my dad and brother. My brother has school and work and my dad is sick and won't come near DD

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

any family can help

CowgirlMama0508
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I packed a 1800 sq ft house with a 6mo old, 3 yo and 6yo in a week....lol. By myself, my DH works 2 straight weeks a month out of state lol. Just start with 1 room, pack everything except necessities then move to the next. Clean the room your done packing and close the door so u know whats done and what's not. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:03 AM
that stinks I am sorry

Quoting abbymommy915:

The only family that live near me and would actually give up time to help me are my dad and brother. My brother has school and work and my dad is sick and won't come near DD

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

any family can help

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymommy915

So I've got alot of the kitchen done, but I guess I'll leave out a pot, pan, 3 of each dish and a few utensils?

From there I can move to the Livingroom, DD's room, spare room, etc. and at night do our room and leave out 4-5 days of clothes, etc.

Seems so simple when put that way lol I'm just a little overwhelmed!

Quoting Jennifer_236:

go into one room pack that and move onto the next one that is what I do

abbymommy915

It's ok, I know they'd help if they could and that's good enough for me :)

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

that stinks I am sorry

Quoting abbymommy915:

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

any family can help

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM
That might seem like a good idea, but it will take you ten times as long if you list everything in every box. Just write what room it goes in on the box. KITCHEN, BATHROOM, etc. And I would do more than one box before taking a break. Really, you're making this harder on yourself. I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, but I've moved 8 times since I was 9 years old so I have a semi-good idea of what works and what doesn't.

Quoting abbymommy915:

lol I'm taking a cig break between each box

I'm writing everything I put in each box so I know what room to put it in the new house so I won't be the person saying "Where did I put that?" lol

Quoting ffpm10:

Just go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)