Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

If you're a gay person, you need to be locked away from society!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what a customer told the person she was on the phone with tonight while I was at work.

She came in to pay for her gas and was on the phone. She was ranting and raving about someone, saying that they were nasty, disgusting, and vile, that they needed to be locked away from society. She said after that, that she couldn't believe that this person had told her that they are gay!!! That's when she said that if you're gay, you need to be locked away from society.  She was going off so bad, before she even got to pay for her gas, I told her she needed to go outside because I had a store full of people and she didn't need to be yelling like that ( especially about THAT topic ) inside the store, and when she got off the phone, she was more than welcome to come back in the store.

I was highly upset that she said that, specially seeing as how I'm bi. This lady acted like she was the only person in the store, pushing past people, telling them to move, and she even gave a little kid the Evil Eye. She did get off the phone just a little bit after she went outside, and she came back in, STILL ranting about it. This crazy ass lady tells me that her best friend of her whole life just told her that she was gay, and that she has a girlfriend, who just happens to be this lady's other friend. She was trash talking the poor girls to death!

By the time she had left, I was so much more than pissed off. Are people really still that narrow minded and closed minded?! What would possess that woman to come into a store full of people ranting and raving like that? I just.....I don't know. I'm still upset by that. Why are people still like that?! So what if someone is gay! They are still a living, breathing human being!

We bleed the same, we breathe the same, and we have the same struggles as others, if not more simply because of the fact we are bi or gay! If you know someone who is bi, or gay, please, the next time you see them, give them a big hug or something. Just to let them know you care.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Replies (21-26):
lj.smommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I'm bi and I used to get talked down on over it. Saying I need therapy and locked up. That it was totally against the bible. and my onefriend is gay and when we went to school together everyone hated her for it. We had actually dated for a little bit to prove a point to the school. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM
What is pansexual?

Quoting raye-chan:

Those who judge a person by their sexualitt will often times lose more friends because of how they reat that person. People put so much stock in that rather tha by personality that it's annoying. 

I'm a pansexual and I still get judged. >.<

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Pansexuality means that a person has the potential for sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love or emotional attactrion towards people of all gender identities and biological sexes. It is defined as "not limited or in hibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity". The concept of pansexuality deliberately rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations", as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women. Pansexuality can also mean the attraction to a person's personality, rather than their physical appearance or gender. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

For me, I consider myself "gender-blind". I do not base a relationship off of a gender. I don't actually care what gender my partner is. As long as I am respected and the rest of my values are respected in the relationship, that is how I do things. 

Many see it as being the same as bisexual. Bisexual means you are attracted to males and females. A person could be male or female, intersexed, or any other gender possibility and usually a pansexual doesn't give a hoot about gender; we put more stock and value into their personalities and that just means that gender is irrevelant in who we are attracted to. 

I left the link so the next time you are able to, you can look up more info about it. 

Quoting sidneyb:

What is pansexual?

Quoting raye-chan:

Those who judge a person by their sexualitt will often times lose more friends because of how they reat that person. People put so much stock in that rather tha by personality that it's annoying. 

sidneyb
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Thank you

Quoting raye-chan:

Pansexuality means that a person has the potential for sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love or emotional attactrion towards people of all gender identities and biological sexes. It is defined as "not limited or in hibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity". The concept of pansexuality deliberately rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations", as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women. Pansexuality can also mean the attraction to a person's personality, rather than their physical appearance or gender. 

For me, I consider myself "gender-blind". I do not base a relationship off of a gender. I don't actually care what gender my partner is. As long as I am respected and the rest of my values are respected in the relationship, that is how I do things. 

Many see it as being the same as bisexual. Bisexual means you are attracted to males and females. A person could be male or female, intersexed, or any other gender possibility and usually a pansexual doesn't give a hoot about gender; we put more stock and value into their personalities and that just means that gender is irrevelant in who we are attracted to. 

I left the link so the next time you are able to, you can look up more info about it. 

Quoting sidneyb:

What is pansexual?

Quoting raye-chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

You're welcome =) I hope the links will help =)

Quoting sidneyb:

Thank you

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting sidneyb:

What is pansexual?

Quoting raye-chan:

CafeMom Tickers
TempestRayne
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM
*sigh* hatred abounds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN