Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

He gave my 10 week old cake icing

SMH...I about had a freaking stroke.  I went to the bathroom and came out to find my mom holding my baby, and her boyfriend giving my baby cake icing.  Why would someone in their right mind do that?!?  ugh.  

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (51-60):
annismom10
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I think that was very stupid of them. We have to be uber vigilant about what we give our kids. And i know first hand. My mom didnt think baby food "tastes good" so at the wee age of 4 mo she started putting butter & sugar IN MY BABY FOOD. same with my older brother & sister. Raised that way through childhood, that veggies didnt taste good without a LOT of butter & salt +pepper. Well, all 3 of us are "overweight" me being the smallest with a bmi of about 26%. But bro/sis are much bigger. Ive had high blood pressure since i was 17. Brothers bp is so high even meds can only keep it around stroke levels. I havent added butter or salt to something since i got pregnant with my daughter, and i work out every day now, but its a constant battle to get over life time habits. One lil taste of icing could change their tastes, or one taste could turn to two. One taste of gravy almost killed that other CMers baby & now hes deathly allergic! Be vigilant about what u put in your kids tummy because youre molding their life & they have no say in whats happening. So do right by them. So considering how i feel on the topic, any mom has a right to "have a stroke, freakout, mental breakdown, etc" over whats fed to her baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Its not like its gonna kill the baby just explain we don't do that cause apparently there not intelligent and go on with life. Jmo

Sept-babies2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Quoting usmc.momma:

Yikes... My 5 months old had cheese puffs on Monday. No harm, no foul.

my 7 month old loves cheese puffs lol 

Sept-babies2
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM

i dont know i probably wouldnt of cared so much..if it was just a little taste..but every mom is different.

Charliesmommy11
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I should have clarified . He was 6 months actual 3 months adjusted and they were not really baby freindly mashed potatoes. Salt pepper butter and brown gravy. Also he doesn't eat things with texture it males him gag .

Quoting deadlights86:

A 6 month old should be able to eat mashed potatoes.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

My mom tried to feed my then 6 month old Ds mashed potatoes..... He puked on her and she hasn't tried without asking since then lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella8483
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM

My MIL did that with my niece!  Needless to say my SIL freaked out!  She said Her stomach cant handle that?!!!  And MIL just laughed and said It dissolved on her tongue. 

usmc.momma
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I didn't give it to her. She is still EBF. My 22 month old had them and I left the room for a sec and came back to her face and lips covered in cheese lol

Quoting Sept-babies2:

Quoting usmc.momma:

Yikes... My 5 months old had cheese puffs on Monday. No harm, no foul.

my 7 month old loves cheese puffs lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Oh ok yeah. I was thinking just plain. I wouldn't give a 6 mo all that either then.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

I should have clarified . He was 6 months actual 3 months adjusted and they were not really baby freindly mashed potatoes. Salt pepper butter and brown gravy. Also he doesn't eat things with texture it males him gag .

Quoting deadlights86:

A 6 month old should be able to eat mashed potatoes.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

My mom tried to feed my then 6 month old Ds mashed potatoes..... He puked on her and she hasn't tried without asking since then lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mimi0328
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM
you are not overreacting. my inlaws are idiots when it comes to babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Wow. Poor baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN