Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Tomorrow is the BIG day

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

Tomorrow is the big day. My DH leaves for Sudan for 3 months to help establish an HIV clinic for refugees. We have him all packed and all of his paperwork in order. The only thing not in order is this mama's emotions...lol He is actually at work right now finishing up his last shift at the hospital and then tonight will be our last time as a family till he comes home to us safe and sound. I am feeling really good about what he is doing. I am so proud of him but it does not make it any easier. He wanted to be a doctor so he could help people on a large scale and who knows how many lives he is going to impact by doing this. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Maybe say a little one for me too so I don't have a panic attack and make a huge scene in the airport...lol

by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kjfamily
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Ahhh that's a shame he couldn't take a few days off with you guys before he left.. Best wishes to him and I hope he has a safe return.. Keep busy and know that he is doing a great thing op..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I wish he could have taken a few days off but the hospital is really short staffed right now. There are not that many people wanting to move here with out a LOT of incentives...lol (we are in a very rural area). DH's temp. replacement does not arrive till Sunday so he kind of had to work up till the last minute. They have a really nice bonus though which will be very nice since we are going to go 3 months with NO paycheck. Thanks for the well wishes.

Quoting kjfamily:

Ahhh that's a shame he couldn't take a few days off with you guys before he left.. Best wishes to him and I hope he has a safe return.. Keep busy and know that he is doing a great thing op..

daulton_dustin
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Lots of prayers! Good luck to the both of you! Hes doing a great thing!
riverbabe
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Praying!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treaH
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Keeping your DH and your family in my prayers. Best of luck to him! And hugs to you mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN