Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cloth diapering moms quick question eta

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

are there any cloth diapers that can be worn by a kid more than 40 lbs? my son is almost 3 and is 40 lbs. i have found one site so far with diapers that would fit over 40 lbs. any help would be appreciated. i am also looking for training pants as he is potty training.

also is there sites that have bulk packages lol.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aidenmomplus4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM

We used cloth diapers but when we started potty training we switched over to "big kids" underwear so they actually understood they couldn't go in the "diaper" anymore, we only use the cloth diapers in the evening since they aren't fully night trained. Even though it says 40 lb weight limit my kids are still comfortably using them and they are over 40lbs.

amnesialand69
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

thank you lol. i was like omg none of these will fit him. he is pretty much going during the day and the diapers will be for night.

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

We used cloth diapers but when we started potty training we switched over to "big kids" underwear so they actually understood they couldn't go in the "diaper" anymore, we only use the cloth diapers in the evening since they aren't fully night trained. Even though it says 40 lb weight limit my kids are still comfortably using them and they are over 40lbs.

mommy2rad
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Kiawani (sp) have NICE cloth trainers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bryawidz
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

We only used cloth diapers on my oldest til 18 months, Then when started using the potty and switched to our big boy undies. :) He had a few accidents at 1st but he felt it a lot faster and started realizing that he had to run to the potty. He'll be 3 in December and is now fully potty trainned. I think the hardest part we had with switching was his number 2s. He would literally hold it until we put a diaper on him at 1st. He still wears cloth diapers to bed but he's only 25lbs... I have no idea what we'll do when he gets to weigh 40lbs. =/ Maybe have to put him in pull ups for bedtime? But I'm afraid of that reversing what we have accomplished so far. Ya know? Maybe google it and see if you could special order some! :)

My youngest is 17 months and we have not even tried to use the potty yet with him. He's my little preemie though so I feel he will be able to fit in cloth diapers for a long time. Lol.

aidenmomplus4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM

It's great that you son is fully potty trained at 3 yo, all my kids are heavy sleepers so getting them night trained has been super diffucult, our 4 years old and 5 year are still using clothing diaper at night, they are all over 40 lbs and still fit in them.

amnesialand69
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)