Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex is getting remarried and is asking for a copy of my photo id?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 79 Replies

He's getting married in Spain and is asking for a copy of my id and a copy of our marriage license. Has anyone heard of something like this?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cpflum08
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMS803
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard of anything like that, but its YOUR ID...he shouldn't need it for anything. And why does he need a copy of your marriage license? To get remarried, they want proof of divorce, not marriage. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelsieb84
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM

He keeps saying just send it to me. 

Quoting CMS803:

I've never heard of anything like that, but its YOUR ID...he shouldn't need it for anything. And why does he need a copy of your marriage license? To get remarried, they want proof of divorce, not marriage. Lol!

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage need not be lived again."

Maya Angelou

Babybear89
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
I would not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Sounds a little fishy.... He might be trying to change something with your custody or cs agreement through the court. Don't give it to him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scperdomo
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I wouldn't, that's weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephB060811
3 moms liked this

Tell him to give you proof of why exactly he needs it. Sounds wierd to me.

Quoting chelsieb84:

He keeps saying just send it to me. 

Quoting CMS803:

rmgriffberg
Dont give it to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dollysvlog
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I agree, he doesnt need your marriage license or your I.D... something seems fishy...

chelsieb84
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I looked it up at http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_763.html and it says he needs an original copy of the license.  Nothing about my id.  

Quoting EmmaZate:

Sounds a little fishy.... He might be trying to change something with your custody or cs agreement through the court. Don't give it to him

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage need not be lived again."

Maya Angelou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)