Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Baby Names

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM
  • 29 Replies
When you names your kid(s) did you consider the meaning of the names you picked? Or did you just like the name? How did you choose?

I'm 22 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I've been looking at names and have been having a hard time coming up with any. As I was looking I noticed that I look at the names meaning just as much as the name.

My oldests name means servant of God (first) he will laugh (middle)

My dd's name means gracious (first) graceful (middle) bearer of good news (middle)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM
My son was just named after his great grandpa. Lol. I didn't pay much attention as to what it meant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach0307
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I just picked a first name I liked, and his middle name is his Daddy's first name (a tradition among the men in my family).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Congratulations :-) do you know what your having??

I wanted to have grace, and faith in the middle names. Haylie grace, (my oldest) and my hubby named our second Faith Alexandra. it was gonna be Hayden Faith.

Idk... I always adored those names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla-Kay
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM
My husband and I agreed that if we had a boy he would pick if we had a girl I would pick

My son is named after the boon dock saints Connor and Murphy McManus.

So I have Connor Andrew Murphy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM
We don't know yet. We've had issues with insurance and having to switch doctors so we haven't had an ultrasound yet. Hopefully we will soon though :) and thank you!

My dd is Hannah Grace Evanjaline. My sisters middle name is also Grace. Its a pretty name :)

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

I wanted to have grace, and faith in the middle names. Haylie grace, (my oldest) and my hubby named our second Faith Alexandra. it was gonna be Hayden Faith.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Aw! I hope you find out soon. I love grace. And faith.. I'm not religious but I love the names.

Quoting OBImomma:

We don't know yet. We've had issues with insurance and having to switch doctors so we haven't had an ultrasound yet. Hopefully we will soon though :) and thank you!

My dd is Hannah Grace Evanjaline. My sisters middle name is also Grace. Its a pretty name :)

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM

My only child's name is Gianna. 6 years ago it wasn't popular at all and that was the main reason I liked it other than the fact that it was beautiful and fit her well. If we have another girl her name will be Gracelynn. I love the flow of that name with DD #1's and they both start with "G". If we have a boy his name will either be Logan or Liam, Micheal being the middle since that's DH's fathers name. :0)

Taurus930
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM
I almost named my daughter Gracelynn

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

My only child's name is Gianna. 6 years ago it wasn't popular at all and that was the main reason I liked it other than the fact that it was beautiful and fit her well. If we have another girl her name will be Gracelynn. I love the flow of that name with DD #1's and they both start with "G". If we have a boy his name will either be Logan or Liam, Micheal being the middle since that's DH's fathers name. :0)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I picked names that had meaning and I liked lol. Oldest is Mackenzie Noelle and she was born in December (meaning behind Noelle) and we picked an Irish first name.

DS is Matthew Aidean and I just liked the name.

Youngest DD is Autumn Rose. Rose is from my exes great grandmother who wad full blood Indian and her name was Rosebud. I picked Autumn because it fit nicely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)