Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what would you do?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
A co-worker and I go to the same daycare. She is part time and has just been cut to 10 hour a week. I am full time and required to get my 38 because of my benefits. She is on state daycare assistance and keeps bragging on how low her copay is because she knows how to "work the system " now that her hours have been cut she still puts on her work shirt on and drops her son off, then goes home and relaxs for the rest of the day. The other day one of the daycare workers made a comments about how many hours this coworkers had been working. It wasn't my place to say anything then but the bragging has gotten worse and now it's bugging me. Is there a way to turn that kind of thing in? Her son is at daycare more then my daughter is and both my husband and I work full time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sidneyb
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudGBmama
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Let the daycare know they will contact her case workwr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReiReally
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

If she's doing something illegal and telling you about it, you could be considered "in on it" with her and you might face reprimands if she gets caught in her facade. Just tell whoever you report to that she keeps bragging to you how she's lying about her hours and you don't feel comfortable with it at all, which from your story, is perfectly true. Why should you have to risk getting in trouble just because you know this? That's not right of her to flaunt her conniving ways.

Binkys_Buttons
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I can do that. We are private pay and she was giving us tips on working the system. I was thanks but I rather be poor:)

Quoting proudGBmama:

Let the daycare know they will contact her case workwr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkys_Buttons
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM
The daycare has to know If they are bring it up to me. They know she is part time and I'm full time and her son is there more then my daughter.

Quoting ReiReally:

If she's doing something illegal and telling you about it, you could be considered "in on it" with her and you might face reprimands if she gets caught in her facade. Just tell whoever you report to that she keeps bragging to you how she's lying about her hours and you don't feel comfortable with it at all, which from your story, is perfectly true. Why should you have to risk getting in trouble just because you know this? That's not right of her to flaunt her conniving ways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Dam it... I didn't mean to do that...
If you didn't get to read my post before I accidents pressed delete instead OS edit trying to fix a typo, contact the dhhr, and give her name and the rest of the details to them. You can do it anonymously. Do you know of any other benefits she gets?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReiReally
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM

THEN just tell them this exact statement "[Coworker in question] has been telling me the past few weeks that she got her hours cut but still puts on her uniform to drop off her daughter on days she's not working so she can get sate aid and i am not comfortable hearing about it knowing that it's wrong. I felt it was necessary to bring this to your attention because i don't want to be a part of her lie."

easy peasy.

Quoting Binkys_Buttons:

The daycare has to know If they are bring it up to me. They know she is part time and I'm full time and her son is there more then my daughter.

Quoting ReiReally:

Binkys_Buttons
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I don't really know. We are just friendly with each other. She drives me batty. All I know is she pays a $25 a month Co pay full time. Works 10 a week and likes to brag about it. It she kept her month shut. I probably wouldn't have such a problem.

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Dam it... I didn't mean to do that...

If you didn't get to read my post before I accidents pressed delete instead OS edit trying to fix a typo, contact the dhhr, and give her name and the rest of the details to them. You can do it anonymously. Do you know of any other benefits she gets?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkys_Buttons
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM
To dshs ?

Quoting ReiReally:

THEN just tell them this exact statement "[Coworker in question] has been telling me the past few weeks that she got her hours cut but still puts on her uniform to drop off her daughter on days she's not working so she can get sate aid and i am not comfortable hearing about it knowing that it's wrong. I felt it was necessary to bring this to your attention because i don't want to be a part of her lie."

easy peasy.

Quoting Binkys_Buttons:

Quoting ReiReally:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I'd turn her in to the child care assistance program. A simple phone call, and you can report anonymously!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)