Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jennyanne322
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Yes, I support it. I have many friends that are gay and they should be able to get married in all 50 states. Some states still have it illegal for gay couples to adopt also. It's bugs me a lot. I live in NY and it's legal here. Why shouldn't we have equal rights? You can't help who you fall in love with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpink2012
by Bixy on May. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
7 moms liked this
With that logic then an infertile woman or man should never be allowed to marry.

Quoting SparklingHope:

No, I don't support gay marriage. I support the 'traditional' way..man and a woman.  Tell you more about how it affects my life? Well, to give a natural aspect instead of a 'religious' aspect..you can't repoduce! Man and a Man cannot give birth to a child..nor can a woman and a woman give birth to a child. A man and a woman? They can repoduce. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I support it, but I am opposed to only caring about things that "directly effect my life". Lol. If I only cared about things that directly effect me, I wouldn't care if it was kept illegal because it honestly doesn't really effect me one way or another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM
3 moms liked this

That's what I'm saying. 

Quoting thinkpink2012:

I don't understand why it's illegal in the first damn place. I support equal marriage rights for all.

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

totally agree!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Absulutely support. It's like black rights and women's rights. Eventually, it WILL happen, so the opposition should just get used to it now.

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Then and now!

moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. And I can disagree, without it directly affecting my life. I definitely don't lose sleep over it. It's happening and I can't change it, but I still disagree with it. Life goes on...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Exactly ! I hate it when people use the Bible to judge other people ! thats not the purpose of the Bible , and people like to forget that it also teaches about love and compassion !

Quoting dietsunkist:

Exactly this.

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

yep, most of the people who claim "what the Bible says" dont abide by the bible either, they have sex before marriage, divorce, cheat, lie, on & on. Gods the only Judge! So let ppl do what they want!

mommyof11050307
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Quoting SparklingHope:

No, I don't support gay marriage. I support the 'traditional' way..man and a woman.  Tell you more about how it affects my life? Well, to give a natural aspect instead of a 'religious' aspect..you can't repoduce! Man and a Man cannot give birth to a child..nor can a woman and a woman give birth to a child. A man and a woman? They can repoduce. 

So... couples who choose to not have children, should they not be able to get married?  Besides, how does THAT affect your life? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)