Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Precisely why I started this topic. I just don't understand why people are opposed to letting gay couples have the same privileges and rights that my husband and I have.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Yes I do support it and I've yet to hear an intelligent sounding reason why someone is opposed to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpink2012
by Bixy on May. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this
So a few more points to debunk here:
They can't reproduce: 1. The world is already overpopulated. 2. There are hundreds of thousands of children that need a loving family.
The Bible says so: 1. The book was written 1,000's of years ago. 2. 100% of people who claim this at least go against one rule in the damn book.

I can go on and on. I am dumb founded at how WOMEN can be against gay marriage. Learn some damn history and you will see that Gays are going through what Women and Black people went through during Civil Rights. Who are you to say equal rights for women in one hand and no gay marriage with the other. Equal rights for all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bestmom72106
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Yes, I think if a man and a man or woman and a woman want to get married then they should be aloud to. This is support to be a free country so why is the government saying they can't. It does not hurt me in any way if they do so I say if they love each other then let them enjoy the wonder life of marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach0307
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes I do. Sure, they can't reproduce, but they can create a stable, loving home for children in need of one. Also, being gay is as much of a choice as your race, age and gender. If anything, I feel that intolerance affects me, and it saddens me when decent, law-abiding citizens are not treated as equals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting thinkpink2012:

They can't reproduce: 1. The world is already overpopulated. 2. There are hundreds of thousands of children that need a loving family.
The Bible says so: 1. The book was written 1,000's of years ago. 2. 100% of people who claim this at least go against one rule in the damn book.

I can go on and on. I am dumb founded at how WOMEN can be against gay marriage. Learn some damn history and you will see that Gays are going through what Women and Black people went through during Civil Rights. Who are you to say equal rights for women in one hand and no gay marriage with the other. Equal rights for all.

Very good point!  Thanks, Bixy!

mestiza_07
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Yes I do...if 2 people are in love regardless of their gender they should be together. Plus my brother is gay and I know a lot of gay and lesbian people and they aren't hurting anyone. They just want to be happy too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM

No.

thinkpink2012
by Bixy on May. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
You know I love my gays!

Quoting Courtney610:

Quoting thinkpink2012:

Very good point!  Thanks, Bixy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
I support gay marriage
wilesmomma
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
You bet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)