Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
wilesmomma
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
What about heterosexuals who chose not to have children?

Quoting SparklingHope:

No, I don't support gay marriage. I support the 'traditional' way..man and a woman.  Tell you more about how it affects my life? Well, to give a natural aspect instead of a 'religious' aspect..you can't repoduce! Man and a Man cannot give birth to a child..nor can a woman and a woman give birth to a child. A man and a woman? They can repoduce. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Sort of. I don't think the government should have control over marriage beyond everyone being adults. I think it's a church issue. If church A allows gay marriage and church b doesn't, go to church A. I don't feel like it's something the government should be involved in. I feel the same about polygamy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
have you heard of aids that started with them and now every one has to be tested for it rather they have only had one partner or not. And i will get biblical in the old testiment god wiped out entire cities because of this sin. And if people dont reproduce it will slowly stop our human race. And that is a big thing to me and my concern. I belive it is there choice and not a thrown on me thing.

Quoting Courtney610:

How does another couple not being able to reproduce affect your life, though? 

Quoting sissy852:

this

Quoting SparklingHope:

No, I don't support gay marriage. I support the 'traditional' way..man and a woman.  Tell you more about how it affects my life? Well, to give a natural aspect instead of a 'religious' aspect..you can't repoduce! Man and a Man cannot give birth to a child..nor can a woman and a woman give birth to a child. A man and a woman? They can repoduce. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnmom4lif
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

this

Quoting Firenygirl180:

pretty much this:

Quoting NovaChick26:

I support it a 110% . Being gay isnt a choice its the way you are just like straight people dont choose to be straight its the way your born. What two people do behind closed doors is nobody elses business. Love is Love no matter what shape or form it comes in its a beautiful thing :)

lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes I do. I'm all for equal  HUMAN  rights. Whether your gay, straight, bi, lesbian, transgendered, whatever. You deserve to be able to get married and be in love with the person you love without feeling ashamed. 

StarryRain
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting thinkpink2012:

I don't understand why it's illegal in the first damn place. I support equal marriage rights for all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting wilesmomma:

What about heterosexuals who chose not to have children?

Quoting SparklingHope:

This! One of my best friends LOVES children. I  met her at the daycare we work at. BUT, she does not want any of her own. Whatever floats your boat. There are plenty of children who NEED wonderful, loving homes. Gay/lesbian families are more than capable of adopting or fostering a child and showering that child with all the love the child needs. 

wilesmomma
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Actually aids didn't start with them. It started in Africa where the military would come in to towns and repeatedly gang bang one female after another. Homosexuals just get the bad radio for starting it.
Also with the whole bible thing, all the xtians I've talked to say they follow the new testament which says nothing about homosexuality. But what can I say xtians pick and choose what they want to follow.

Quoting sissy852:

have you heard of aids that started with them and now every one has to be tested for it rather they have only had one partner or not. And i will get biblical in the old testiment god wiped out entire cities because of this sin. And if people dont reproduce it will slowly stop our human race. And that is a big thing to me and my concern. I belive it is there choice and not a thrown on me thing.

Quoting Courtney610:

How does another couple not being able to reproduce affect your life, though? 

Quoting sissy852:

this

Quoting SparklingHope:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I've said it once and I will say it again, love is blind to race, creed color or gender. If a man loves another man so what! Or if it's a woman who loves another woman do what!

Love is about love whats on the inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
It's funny how just because people have different beliefs, they're close-minded people. I'm very opened minded. Being open minded means being receptive to new ideas, being willing to learn something new. And I did that when it came to gay marriages. I've heard speeches, talked to gay friends, and I was open to what they had to say, and I learned a lot. I even gave it some thought. However, being receptive doesn't always mean you will accept what is presented before you.

And since you're not lesbian or bi-sexual, I could ask you a similar question. This issue has no DIRECT affect on YOUR life as well. So why not just oppose the whole thing? But you can't and you won't do that, because going against it is going against everything you stand for. The same goes for me. I can't agree to something I don't believe in.

Would you have questioned me if you knew I was a lesbian and still opposed gay marriage?

Quoting Courtney610:

No, I'm not even bi. I am a very happily married mom to 3. I believe that everyone deserves to happy and have the same rights my husband and I have. I do have good friends being denied rights because of this and it makes me sad. I'm just saying that you need to open your mind.

Quoting moosesmom:

So you're saying I should support it, even if it doesn't affect me? You're saying I should compromise what I believe in just because? Are you a lesbian Ms. Courtney610? Not trying to start just drama. Just a question.

Quoting Courtney610:

Quoting moosesmom:

Nope. And I can disagree, without it directly affecting my life. I definitely don't lose sleep over it. It's happening and I can't change it, but I still disagree with it. Life goes on...

If it is not affecting your life, why does it matter?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN