Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long hair on a mom is trashy? O.o

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 469 Replies

**Since I've noticed several people making comments about this. A person can look a bit smaller than what they are depending on the angle of how the picture was taken. I'd also be appreciated if you didn't come in here and start immediately on how fat I am. I am not a small girl but by no means am I a complete fat-ass ;) I don't appreciate (and no one does actually) for people to judge me for not being a size 0 and to come on here and get onto me for my weight. I don't call you fat, I'd greatly appreciate the same courtosy back. This board was not made for bashing others. If you want to bash someone, please take it elsewhere ;) **

I was taking a walk with my little man a bit ago and we usually walk around the block. Well there's a new family that recently moved in across the street from us. I haven't gone over there to introduce ourselves because they seem like they have had their hands full with 4 little ones and finishing moving in. 

Well, we wound up across the street from walking up and down the block and she was sitting outside smoking. She yelled for me and I stopped and walked over. She looked me up and down to talk for a few moments and then says, "You finally got your hair cut. Now you look like a mom. With your hair long before you looked trashy." 

I stood there with a o.O kinda face and politely excused myself because little man started crying because he was hungry. 

Does this look "trashy" to you? And, do you think long hair on a mom is trashy looking?

(sorry for the shirt but it was super hot when I took this pic a couple days ago and the quality; my phone sucks with pictures.)

And my hair as of a couple hours ago.

This pic below is a much better lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellyg1987
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM
8 moms liked this
I think your hair looked good, not trashy at all. I think long hair is pretty. She sounds like a wierdo btw...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM

No it doesn't look bad

Mehganh
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I agree!

Quoting kellyg1987:

I think your hair looked good, not trashy at all. I think long hair is pretty. She sounds like a wierdo btw...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiecat87
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Your hair is about the same length as mine. And it looks really nice. I don't think long hair is readjustment for a mom. I don't know why anyone would think so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMommy11
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally think the longer looks better. They are both nice though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Thanks =) The only downside is it's really thick and my little one grabs it a lot so I wanted to get it cut to take the weight back off. I 

Quoting kellyg1987:

vwd_johnson
by Valerie on May. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Your hair wasn't even long to begin with in my opinion.

I am regrowing my hair out long. Personally I do think the shorter more conservative look is a moms look and the longer hair is more of a holding on to youth type look and less mom like. But obviously I would never call a mom trashy over it. Specially since I'm one of those longer haired mama's ! Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this
I only think long hair looks trashy if it isn't taken care of...lol

I have long hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I think long hair looks pretty either way =)

Quoting othermom:

No it doesn't look bad

ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Uh my hair is always long, but I never got called trashy lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)