Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are you expecting for mothers day?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM
  • 106 Replies
I'm expecting a gift from my 5 year old son that he will be making at school other than that, that's it. That's all I got last year DH didn't even say "happy mothers day" and he made DSS5 give his grandmother the stuff he made at school. I was pregnant with our first child together and honestly it did make me feel really bad that he couldn't at least say happy mothers day. I cried for days without him knowing just the thought of him not saying anything made me cry and I guess I was a little extra emotional since I was pregnant. But this year I honestly won't care if he doesn't say anything and if he gets me something I'm ready to say "wow! I was expecting the same thing you got me last year!" (shit!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM
I don't expect anything. My son doesn't go to school and doesn't know what mothers day is. Usually DH cooks for me but I'm due this summer and repeat csection he will be doing a lot of cooking lol.

We got MIL an expensive coffee maker for mothersday/her birthday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 11, 2012 at 7:09 AM
4 moms liked this
My 8 year old son is planning my day, so I have no idea what to expect..lol. He told my husband he just needs him for the money, but he's handling the rest! I can't wait! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Nada.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittiecat88
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM
???????? He didn't even say happy mother's day? :( and I won't b getting anything I'm a single mom, neither of my children's fathers are around so what I do goes unappreciated until my babies are older ;) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jiffypop2207
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Nothing. Ill be at work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Lots of hugs and kisses from my boys, and having HIM deal with HIS mom during her 10min visit- leaving me in bed and shutting the door- and telling HER that me sleeping in is my mothers day gift.

She called *me* to ask if she could come. I wasn't going to say no on mothers day- even though I wanted to tell her to f*ck off. Hahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Dh will be making me a picture, he's going to blow up a family picture then wrap the canvas. From dd, just lots of sloppy kisses lol (she's five  months so she can't do much else)

Cassidysmom611
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM

A bagel and coffee from Panera. However, we do that every Sunday. I an hoping though that I get a letter in the mail today or tomorrow for Tufts childrens hospital (we have been waiting for almost 8 weeks for an appt date), that would make this Mothers Day and the rest of the Holidays :-) 

Ashleeduhh
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM
A card
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Nothing. I'm getting my land rover in a few months do every penny is going for a down payment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN