Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Childish of me?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Is it childish to be pretty upset/ bummed that hubby wants to go get a $300 computer for his vm ware deal to practice and work on its also supposed to be to put all our movies on too. Though he hasn't said anything about mothers day... my labtop won't hold a charge now and he knows Ive been wanting to go to the wizarding world of harry potter since it came out years ago. We couldn't go last year because our dog got sick right after our wedding ( it was supposed to be our honey moon).  Were spending saturday doing stuff with his mom and sunday doing church and spending the day with my mom and my aunt joe which I know we wont be there long at all.... Im rather bummed he's going to spend all this money on stuff we don't really need right now for himself when mothers day is this sunday.

Funny thing is Ive been saving up my money ( im a sahm) from school loans to get his father day presents. I ish a sad panda

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Rae706
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I always felt like i put way more effort into holidays and pleasing dh than he did... To the point that i was certain if i didnt bring it to his attention, he would forget about it all together. So then Valentines day roles around and im taking him to work. Nothing. The whole drive to my office i was upset. All day goes by at work. Nothing. The entire ride to pick him up i was thinking, ok surely he at least has a card. I pick him up and guess what... Nothing. On the ride home i kept seeing cars filled with balloons or girls carrying flowers and i was so hurt i cried. We got home... Nothing. So i watched some show and decided i was going to sleep off how crappy i was feeling. As soon as i laid down the door bell rang and dh had gotten me a pair of earings and had them delivered with some
flowers... I felt like SUCH an asshole!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rae706
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Moral of my rant: maybe he is trying to surprise you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
My DH is really good at remembering. I hope he's just pulling your leg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amandia89
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I hope its a surprise to but he's REALLY bad at keeping secrets from me, he acts like a giddy little child its cute . But literally its like not even phasing idk... maybe I am being childish and he will atleast continue to help me with our son without giving me any crap which he has been doing for the past week so Ive been very happy about that...

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Expectations (especially silent expectations) are killer in a marriage. Don't stew about it and wait for the day to come and go so that you can be disappointed. Manage your expectations and communicate the fact that you'd like to make a big deal about Father's Day and Mother's Day.

Trust me, it's better to make clear what you need and get those needs met (even if it's in the form of presents) then to expect someone to read your mind and then be hurt when they don't deliver.

Amandia89
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Expectations (especially silent expectations) are killer in a marriage. Don't stew about it and wait for the day to come and go so that you can be disappointed. Manage your expectations and communicate the fact that you'd like to make a big deal about Father's Day and Mother's Day.

Trust me, it's better to make clear what you need and get those needs met (even if it's in the form of presents) then to expect someone to read your mind and then be hurt when they don't deliver.

LOL I do this all the time, I keep thinking if I drop hints he will just know...

Though today he did surprise me and made me very happy. He started talking about getting another computer he is sitting at 3 right now . So needless to say I was not happy about this considering mine doesn't hold a flipping charge. Anyways, I went and took a shower and tried not to cry and think the worst of things and instead focussed on how much he has been helping me with levi. When I got out of the shower he was gone and returned home within the hour asking for help to get this computer he got out of the car. I was LIVID he said he got a whole package deal. I bit my tongue praying that he really didn't and followed him out to the car. He went to the trunk and said do you like my computer and opened the trunk. There sitting was a very pretty rose bush and 8 potted flowers. He knows Ive been trying to grow flowers ( I garden ALOT of different food) but have had NO luck so he went and got me some already started. I am so happy he also took me out to supper and got a screen protector for my kindle. Needless to say I am a happy donkey's @$$ mommy.... now if only I can get our son to eat something other than pbj and grill cheese I will be golden!!

Thank you everyone for the words of advice and not attacking me... that seems to be happening to me alot lately...

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Aw. I'm glad that worked out the way it did. :-P

Quoting Amandia89:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

LOL I do this all the time, I keep thinking if I drop hints he will just know...

Though today he did surprise me and made me very happy. He started talking about getting another computer he is sitting at 3 right now . So needless to say I was not happy about this considering mine doesn't hold a flipping charge. Anyways, I went and took a shower and tried not to cry and think the worst of things and instead focussed on how much he has been helping me with levi. When I got out of the shower he was gone and returned home within the hour asking for help to get this computer he got out of the car. I was LIVID he said he got a whole package deal. I bit my tongue praying that he really didn't and followed him out to the car. He went to the trunk and said do you like my computer and opened the trunk. There sitting was a very pretty rose bush and 8 potted flowers. He knows Ive been trying to grow flowers ( I garden ALOT of different food) but have had NO luck so he went and got me some already started. I am so happy he also took me out to supper and got a screen protector for my kindle. Needless to say I am a happy donkey's @$$ mommy.... now if only I can get our son to eat something other than pbj and grill cheese I will be golden!!

Thank you everyone for the words of advice and not attacking me... that seems to be happening to me alot lately...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)