Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I found a lump..but it's not in my boob :/ **Update** ***UPDATE 2***

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 30 Replies

I already made an appointment to see my family doctor next week but I wanted to see if any of you ladies have had this happen…

At least three weeks ago, I took a foot to my collar bone area in my martial arts class. One of my classmate’s toes poked me kind of hard and I wound up with a really minor bruise that barely hurt. A few days later I felt a lump over where the bruise was. The bruise has almost completely healed but the lump is still there and it hasn’t shrunk or changed shape any. It feels to be about the size of a dime. I can’t move it around much so I think it’s attached to something but I’m not entirely sure. It doesn’t hurt at all when I put pressure on it.

My boyfriend (who sometimes thinks he’s a doctor) thinks I’m being paranoid and wasting my time going to the doctor but lumps scare me. I know it’s not in my breast or arm pit but cancer does run in my family so I don’t think there’s any harm in getting checked out especially since I have insurance.

Do you guys think I’m being paranoid and this just has to do with the injury I got??

Well today is the day I hopefully find out what this lump under my shoulder is. It hasn't gotten smaller or changed shape at all over the past few days. It does hurt slightly when you press down on it. My SO felt it for the first time this morning since I first noticed it and I could tell he felt bad for trying to shrug it off the other day. In fact, he suddenly got so worried about me that he started hypervenilating. He's been so stressed out lately over what happened with our roommate and everything else so this really doesn't help. I feel so bad for him.

Well wish me luck ladies. I will update as soon as I get home from the doctor!

So my doc says it's a cyst. All he did was ask me some questions and felt around the lump a bit. He said as long as it doesn't get bigger or become painful, its nothing to worry about and I'll probably keep it for the rest of my life. I'm relieved its nothing major but I'm still going to keep a close eye on it. I've heard of cases where cysts can become cancerous over time. I'm not going to be all panicky about it but I will watch it closely!

by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Stefanie on May. 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Yikes.. Idk.. Lumps on the collar bone are very dangerous.. I have had one on my neck for a year now.. I got bit by a spider and a poisonous one, at that.. I would definitely see my doctor.. Mine moves..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyTsunade81
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I doubt it's anything dreadful, but I would go to the doctor just to be on the safe side. Much better to go and at least have peace of mind than sit at home worrying about it.

MamaHome
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM

My mom had a similar situation. Turns out it was a small benign tumor. But, she had to have it biopsied. Better safe than sorry.

MistyMoo
by Amber on May. 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I don't know what it might be, but better to be safe than sorry! Can never be too careful when it comes To lumps on your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I doubt it's anything dreadful, but I would go to the doctor just to be on the safe side. Much better to go and at least have peace of mind than sit at home worrying about it.

LadyTsunade81
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM
That is totally how I feel. I know I can be a worry wart but I'm kinda mad at my SO for being insensitive :p

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I had a bump on my collar bone...no pain. It ended up being broken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmamaofdd
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Better safe then sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamily24
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I have no idea, it's better safe than sorry though, I think you are doing the right thing by seeing your dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)