Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what does mothers day mean to you?

Posted by   + Show Post
For me, its the smile on my childrens face when they wake me up and tell me they love me. how happy they are to show me the card they picked out. i always make a big deal over it! And my husband, though I know he loves and appreciates me every other day of the year, he takes the work load off and makes me feel even more loved. Lets face it, with 2 kids, one 4 and the other 3 mnths old, its nice to have a small break! I love my family! As well as I like to show the special mothers in my life that they too are special to me and my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
ButtercupL1129
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Spendithe day with my DD and my mom (who is my best friend) on Mother's day, is more then I could ever want!!
shaiana
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I so agree! It is just a simple and solemn gathering for us...just bake a cake and make cards. Being with kids and doing anything from ordinary to extraordinary or unusual things! :D Having fun! That is just the perfect celeb for me!

Mom2alexx
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM

To me it's the day I celebrate my miracle baby that I was so thankfully blessed with.

SatyrsMom
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM

For me it is the day I take a good look at how lucky I am that my grandmum and the fact she raised me. It is my day to appriciate her. It is the day I miss my adpoted Mum but think back at all our happy times. Then most of all it is the day my son gives me something he has made on his own or something that already belongs to me. He tries to paint my nails and him and DH do my work for the day.

SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I understand what your saying. My mother is the same way. While we have never seen eye to eye, and probably never completely will. I don't condone what my mothers does wrong in life or what she has done in the past. It took me years to take a stand and not let her belittle me anymore because of how she felt about her own self and wasn't capable of dealing with it herself.  I just tell her how it is, no matter what she thinks or says about it. I know that because of all of her mistakes, I am one of the lucky few, that have been capable of learning from her mistakes. My mothers mistakes in life have shown me what path NOT to take. How NOT to treat my children. As well as what a real mother should be like.   That's just me, I can't say that other women are able to rise up from their bad experiences and see the truth in it all. 

I will say this, she may have never or never will be the decent mother that every girl deserves, but she is still and always will be my mother. If it weren't for her (and my father) I wouldn't be here, and be the woman I am today. I will leave it at that.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you beautiful women out there! You may not have had a mother, or had one that 'claimed' to be a mother, but you are a mother. Remember that! Your kids are what make that day special. Show them it's good to show appreciation from both sides!

Quoting MomMom23:

I feel anxiety over mother's day. My mom wasn't the best mother, she still isn't, and I don't want to celebrate her. Just because you give birth to children, it doesn't make you a mother.

SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:56 AM

TO CHELLENOUT!:

I am so sorry to hear this! *hugs*

I have heard this before.   Just remember as they get older, you taught them long and hard. You taught them right from wrong. And prayed that they will turn our right. If you've done all of this them you will reap what you've sewn in the future.   

I am currently 25, and I didn't see or appreciate alot of things that my parents, family or even a few friends done for me, until I was older (18) on my own, having to work for everything I had. Once I became more appreciative of what l ittle I had accomplished on my own and gotten into the routine, everything made sense to me.   Hang in there, hopefully your children will too!

SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

at least  you know that your son will know about mothers day. I'm sorry that you don't get the appreciation that every mother deserves on Mother's Day. But here's to you! 

You are appreciated! Keep up the good work and Have a happy Mother's Day, even if it is with your mother and son! That's what its about!

Quoting amber7_marie:

It actually just makes me feel like crap bc I'm not appreciated any day by my so and this day is just another day I'm not appreciated when id like to be. Although my son is 4 now.... he knows its mother day and he made me a gift at school. It's adorable and I will probably just end up going and spending the day with my mom and my son

Azzura
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM
My own mother has never been there for me, to me it's a celebration of motherhood, I'm so proud of myself for my three beautiful children. Sometimes as mothers it seems that we work without end and never seem to see results as there is always more to be done, but it's days like this we can celebrate ourselves and our wonderful children who are the creative product of all our endless effort! I must be doing something right! :)
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Honestly, I think it's a day to spend appreciating my kids, maybe doing something they really enjoy, without them I wouldn't be a mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Casey126
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I get to sleep in!!!!! Wooooohoooo!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)