What was your experience like? Did it go well, have no affect at all or go badly?
I recently found out my insurance won't pay for an induction before 42 weeks and I have needed a little help getting going in the past (kind of wish maybe I had tried it with my last) I was 4 cm and 100% with my last and don't really thing I needed pitocin.
I will be 38 weeks 1 day at my next check up and have my first cervical check if I'm progressed like I was with dd I'm thinking I may ask my midwife to try.
And yes I realize nothing will happen unless baby is ready and that it may have to be done more than once.
*Update* So no sweep not until next week atleast. but! I am 1.5 cm and 50% so its starting. hes only at #2 station tho hopefully he decideds to drop. and even tho, she didnt do a sweep, i had discharge a slight gush with some blood in it. since he so high i doubt it was my water, but ive never had that happen during a check before... feeling a little crampy. She told me to keep doing what im doing Exercise ball, Sex and to pick up a bottle of Evening Primrose Oil.
who knows maybe i wont need to have my membranes stripped after all.