Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What item(s) do you wish you had at the hospital?

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  • 21 Replies

I had a hospital bag checklist for my first child and I am making another one for this time. I'm just curious if there was something that you had or didn't have at the hospital that you know you want or not for the next time? My first time around I ran out of wipes and the hospital told me they couldn't give me any more then what they already provided! So that is making my list this time! Also bringing my Bobby pillow =) 

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I'm making sure to bring my phone charger...can NOT forget that! And I plan to make sure the battery in my camera is fully charged, too. I want lots of pictures! When my first child was born I did not own a camera so I have zero pictures of her as a newborn. :(

kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Ie never had a hospital tell me they couldn't give anymore items for the baby, you pay for all of that you know. So why would they tell you that? Silly really.

Your own towels, the ones at the hospital are never big enough! I've already gathered most of what I'm going to bring, and my towels are right under my bag then my boppy and pillows :)
mama2ava2mia
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Yea I was shocked that they told me that! I ended up using their bathroom towels to wipe my daughter's poopy butt! So talking about bringing your own towels I think is a really good idea! I didn't even think about that but you are right the ones at the hospital sucked lol. Thanks =)

Quoting kimmaylove013:

Ie never had a hospital tell me they couldn't give anymore items for the baby, you pay for all of that you know. So why would they tell you that? Silly really.

Your own towels, the ones at the hospital are never big enough! I've already gathered most of what I'm going to bring, and my towels are right under my bag then my boppy and pillows :)

mama2ava2mia
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

We had our camera the first time but didn't bring extra batteries (doesn't use a charger) and we ended up being at the hospital so long that the camera died right before they gave our daughter her first little bath, I was so mad! This time we have 2 new cameras and actually new phones too so I think so SHOULD be good with that lol 

Quoting nerdymom28:

I'm making sure to bring my phone charger...can NOT forget that! And I plan to make sure the battery in my camera is fully charged, too. I want lots of pictures! When my first child was born I did not own a camera so I have zero pictures of her as a newborn. :(

lj.smommy
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Something to do other than watch tv while the baby is sleeping. (Df takes my phone away cause I don't sleep enough.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

the boppy. im so glad i had it with #2. i wouldve killed to have it with my DD but i remembered with with DS and ohhh it was wonderful

bellableu87
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM
My hair dryer and straightener! Lol I didn't have it with my first so I looked like crap when I was going home and everyone was taking pictures. But with my second I made sure to bring that and make-up :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Your own stash of tylenol and tums and whatever else they charge you out the add for and take forever to bring you !! Also a personal fan those always seem to be in.short supply. House shoes or flip flops! And your own robe or decent enough for company "night gown " .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymommasgirl
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM
A better hair wrap. I normally wear a head scarf to bed when my hair is in a roller wrap we when I went to the hospital to have ds I grabbed a different one and let's just say we had it out the whole while I was in the hospital I hated it. When I left I left the scarf there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Heres what i did. I packed my extra clothes, i went to the target dollar spot and bought a travel toothbrush, dollar toiletries, extra hairbrush etc. i pack all that in the bag. I had all of the babys clothes and blankets in her diaper bag. I kept extra batteries (ir my battery charger depending on the camera) in a zip lock bag IN my hospital bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN