Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bed Time Troubles

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my daughter is about 2 years and 3 months old. She's been in her toddler bed for quite a bit now. I started off by putting her in bed with me for story time, then letting her fall asleep and putting her in her own bed. This worked great, but didn't want her to get used to it so I started having her lay down in her own bed for story time and asking her to stay there. She usually gets up about 15 times before she stays there, or the last time she gets up she comes to hug me and falls asleep in my arms. She comes up with the silliest reasons to be out of bed. Last night she insisted that she needed to wash her hands! Are there any tricks for getting them to stay in bed or is this just a phase? It doesn't really bug me that she gets up but I won't go to sleep unless I know she's sleeping and it makes it difficult to establish a bed time for her. What do you ladies do?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
funhappymom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I remember those times with my boys. Being consistant with bedtime is the best thing. Most kids thrive on rountine and when it's changed it can take a little getting used to. It sounds to me like she just likes to be with you. 

Mz.perales
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Girl it a phase im like that with my son ... he 3 i put him into bed and he ususlly in my bed with my hubby by mornin some days be cries to his father to stay in our bed which daddy give in and i move him back ... some days he watch lil tv very low and fall asleep and we have aqreements lil more tv then bedtime but he gettin the hang of it ... so take it slow shell be ready soon to stay in her bed ... wateva works for you ! Stick with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM

My dd used to make up all kinds of excuses too. The best thing to do is just keep putting her back in bed.

Reina13
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Just be consistant and keep putting her back in her bed. Eventually she will learn to stay in bed. Good luck

itsblissmas
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I agree with the consistency!!

ooCherryo0
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM
My 4 yos come up with any and every reason to stay up. Seems like the first time they need to go potty even though they just did before bed. Sometimes they need to te rush their teeth, or a drink of water, or they are hungry....

I just keep putting them back to bed and being firm with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)