Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

this is what we do instead of sleeping

Posted by   + Show Post

My 4yo doesn't, sleep. Its currently 12:42 and he is still wide awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Oh, he's tons of fun! Just wiah he'd go to bed before 2am

Quoting Sylv.the.Wine-O:

hahaha looks like fun

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MunchiesMom324
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

DS1 has an odd sleep pattern.... He'll be awake for 2 days straight, and then sleep maybe 4 hours... wash rinse repeat...

Nothing works.  Not melatonin, not sleep aids... nothing.  Finally made a deal that he could get up and play in his room as long as he didn't come out... this was after he painted my whole house with a 36oz jar of peanut butter.  *gag*

LadyTsunade81
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Quoting OBImomma:

You're very lucky! My 2yo sleeps from 7pm til 8am, I wish my ds would do that too. But, he's NEVER slept. I'm told its part due to him being so smart that he can't turn his brain off. I'd be happy if he'd go to bed before 9 or even 10 just so I could have some quiet :)

Quoting LadyTsunade81:

I know I'm blessed....my 5 year old DD has a set bet time of 7:00 sometimes 8:00 if we're out somewhere and I never have problems getting her to sleep. She'll babble to herself or her stuffed animals for about 15-20 minutes and then pass out and stay sleeping till 7:00 in the morning. Sometimes she'll get up earlier but we have her trained to stay in her room and play until one of us gets up if we're still sleeping when she wakes up. She's never alone too long though since I'm always up at 7:00 for work anyways. On the weekends I have her I try not to let myself sleep too late because I don't set an alarm and it usually works but I'll admit there's the odd time I won't wake up till closer to 9:00 and she's been up entertaining herself in her room for 2 hours. I feel bad but she never complains in fact I think it might be part of the reason she has such a good imagination.

I just read an article at my Chiropractor's office that was talking about natural remedies for insomnia. The big one they kept talking about is Valerian Root. It's supposed to work wonders for insomnia and anxiety. I don't know if its safe for children but you might want to look into it if your DS continues to have sleeping problems. I hear Melatonin can work well also. Good luck!

alreadydidthis
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
My mom use to give us benadryl. Although i dont recconmend it i understand why lol

Quoting OBImomma:

Thanks. I try laying by him it doesn't help. He just doesn't sleep. He quit napping before his first birthday. We've tried all kinds of things to get him to sleep and nothing has worked. He's sleeping now :) her usually doses off before 2.

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Mine wou

ld be the same way, if I didn't lay beside her and pet her to sleep.

He's so cute!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

hehe! that's cute.

My 3yo is like that.. I swear she is a insomiac.

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I'm not going to give him anything. He sleeps when he's tired. I've (kinda) learned to deal with it. There are nights I wish he'd go to bed but he is much better when he stays up.

Quoting LadyTsunade81:

Quoting OBImomma:

You're very lucky! My 2yo sleeps from 7pm til 8am, I wish my ds would do that too. But, he's NEVER slept. I'm told its part due to him being so smart that he can't turn his brain off. I'd be happy if he'd go to bed before 9 or even 10 just so I could have some quiet :)

Quoting LadyTsunade81:

I know I'm blessed....my 5 year old DD has a set bet time of 7:00 sometimes 8:00 if we're out somewhere and I never have problems getting her to sleep. She'll babble to herself or her stuffed animals for about 15-20 minutes and then pass out and stay sleeping till 7:00 in the morning. Sometimes she'll get up earlier but we have her trained to stay in her room and play until one of us gets up if we're still sleeping when she wakes up. She's never alone too long though since I'm always up at 7:00 for work anyways. On the weekends I have her I try not to let myself sleep too late because I don't set an alarm and it usually works but I'll admit there's the odd time I won't wake up till closer to 9:00 and she's been up entertaining herself in her room for 2 hours. I feel bad but she never complains in fact I think it might be part of the reason she has such a good imagination.

I just read an article at my Chiropractor's office that was talking about natural remedies for insomnia. The big one they kept talking about is Valerian Root. It's supposed to work wonders for insomnia and anxiety. I don't know if its safe for children but you might want to look into it if your DS continues to have sleeping problems. I hear Melatonin can work well also. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
That is my child! He covered himself, the coffee table, walls and carpet in pb when he was 2.5yo. He is allowed to read books in his bed, play quietly on tbe computer or play quietly on the floor. He has been doing pretty good. He has to stay where I can see him bc he will sneak food (he's a type1 diabetic) or decorate my walls if he gets bored. We might play a game or watch a movie or do a craft. Just depends how tired I am.

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

DS1 has an odd sleep pattern.... He'll be awake for 2 days straight, and then sleep maybe 4 hours... wash rinse repeat...

Nothing works.  Not melatonin, not sleep aids... nothing.  Finally made a deal that he could get up and play in his room as long as he didn't come out... this was after he painted my whole house with a 36oz jar of peanut butter.  *gag*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Here he is covered in pb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBoats08
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Lol

MunchiesMom324
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM

The sad thing is, DS1 is 8.  This happened within the last year.  I got up with the baby to fix him a bottle, and my foot slipped in something slimy, and there was a funny smell.  I turned on some lights, and saw PB footprints through the house, on the walls, on the windows, mirrors, furniture, countertops.... *sigh*

He spent the entire day the next day scrubbing PB out of the carpet.

Quoting OBImomma:

That is my child! He covered himself, the coffee table, walls and carpet in pb when he was 2.5yo. He is allowed to read books in his bed, play quietly on tbe computer or play quietly on the floor. He has been doing pretty good. He has to stay where I can see him bc he will sneak food (he's a type1 diabetic) or decorate my walls if he gets bored. We might play a game or watch a movie or do a craft. Just depends how tired I am.

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)