Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Inlaw drama...*Update*

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 38 Replies

So my inlaws pretty much burned their bridge with us when they asked for the monetary wedding gift back when we got our tax return back in Feb. We only got a large return due to my husband being deployed most of last year. They were having money issues and saw it as a great opportunity to screw us over. After that I broke my foot and they sent SIL (13 years old) over the day of my surgery for me to babysit. Yes, she's 13 but she is very naive and childlike due to no social interaction with kids her own age. I watched her for 3 days after my surgery. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper, and my husband is stationed 3000 miles away so I already had no help with the 3 kids we have here.

Anyways, recently my MIL has been picking up OUR packages from the PO Box. Their box is 302....ours is 1453. They are not even close together!! She checks daily to see if we have packages. Our post office is a tiny small town one so they don't really check your name or anything for the package....you just give you box number. My husband sent me a Mothers Day gift last week and couldn't figure out why I didn't have it....until today when my MIL left me a nasty message on my voicemail. The message was along the lines of "Nice to see that MY SON got you a Mothers Day gift even though those kids aren't his. Ask him where my gift is, and you need to come get this package immediately."

UGH UGH UGH, why is she soooo against me. I have always been nice to her. When DH and I got married he financially stopped taking care of his parents, and ever since then his mother is destined to be mean to me. 

Update: Well on the upside I got my 2nd Mothers Day gift from DH. Its a Super Mom Vermont teddy bear, and matching pajamagram! I talked to the postmaster and put a restriction on our box that now an ID has to be shown in order to pick up the packages. 

by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabbysmom715
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell her off! I would also report her for taking your mail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Change box numbers.
mom_of_one_2010
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
She is breaking the law by taking your mail and opening. Report her and change the box number
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ooCherryo0
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would report her. She sounds like a mean hag to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
its illegal for her to take you mail. Report it to the police and post office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

This. Technically she's stealing your mail, and screwing with one's mail is a federal offense (my mom works for the post office so I know lots of useless crap lol).

Quoting mom_of_one_2010:

She is breaking the law by taking your mail and opening. Report her and change the box number

aidenmomplus4
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM

She obviously dislike you because your husband choice to stop supporting them in exchange for his family so she thinks ok to be a totally b*** to you. I would just change you box and inform the post office that they are under no circumstance to give your packages to her, it's a small enough town that I"m sure they can remember that or at least I hope. Best of luck that is a very hard situation.

my_babies_n_me
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I would change box numbers like a pp said..
That's wrong of her to be getting or opening your packages.
She's just mad that her son has another woman in his life.
I would waste no time in telling her where to go, if I were you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

omg... i would be raising high hell

hudson.maggie
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Why don't you change your PO Box so she doesnt' know the #?

I guess i'd be mad too if someone was taking care of me and stopped to take care of someeone else LOL-JK but seriously she needs to let it go and be happy for her son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN