Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

infant + genitals + iron= mom behind bars!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM
  • 60 Replies

Mom admits burning son's genitals with iron

NEED TO KNOW
  • Jodi Rock, 19, admits to burning son with a flat iron
  • The 13-month-old is also being treated for broken bones

A 19-year-old mom is behind bars after police say she admitted to burning her 13-month-old son’s genitals with a flat iron, according to the arrest affidavit.

On April 26, police arrived at the Tahlequah City Hospital in Oklahoma, where a baby boy was being treated for several broken bones and severe burns to his genital area. Police say that when they arrived at the hospital, the baby appeared to be “glassy eyed” and “withdrawn.”

Authorities say Jodi Rock fabricated several different stories to explain her son’s injuries, initially pointing blame at her aunt, uncle and boyfriend.

According to the arrest affidavit, the mother then confessed to “burning [the baby] with a flat iron hair straighter… she then said she took and closed the iron [on the baby’s] private parts.” Rock then told police that the burned area “raised in a white blister which fell off,” according to the arrest affidavit.

The arrest affidavit states that the mother said either she or her boyfriend could have hurt the baby’s arms as they “both play rough with him…pulling him up by the arms and throwing him up in the air and on the bed.”

DHS immediately took custody of the baby boy while he was being treated at the hospital for his injuries.

HLN reached out to the attorney for Jodi Rock, but calls were not immediately returned.

She is currently being held on a $200,000 bond at the Cherokee County Detention Center on charges of felony injury to a child.

Mom to Tucker Wayne~ May 2008 & Owen Mabry ~ DUE July 19th.  STBwife to Troy~ Sept 8, 2012.  Itworks body wrap rep~ NONextreme Couponer and trainer~ Christian~Pro-Life~Nonpolitical~Believes your choices for your children, are YOUR choices, Not mine.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kittiecat88
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Sweet jesus.........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I read that... She doesn't deserve her baby back.
WrapNLoseInches
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

i hope she never gets him back! there is not a thing in this world a 13 month old could do that would render ANY type of punishment like that! thats just terrible!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I read that... She doesn't deserve her baby back.

Mom to Tucker Wayne~ May 2008 & Owen Mabry ~ DUE July 19th.  STBwife to Troy~ Sept 8, 2012.  Itworks body wrap rep~ NONextreme Couponer and trainer~ Christian~Pro-Life~Nonpolitical~Believes your choices for your children, are YOUR choices, Not mine.

Aidensmommy92
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Omg thats horrible not as bad as the casey anthony thing!!

Dinimon
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I hope she rots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

What makes someone think that is ok to do? I mean if the baby is stressing you out with crying or something... It wouldn't make sense to inflict pain on them. She needs mental health help.
TristaB
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quoting Dinimon:

I hope she rots

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla-Kay
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM
This is sad. She needs help!!! Thank God that baby is safe now!!

Just thinking about this makes me cringe. My son is 21 months and my second is due in October.

I would never ever burn or swing my son around ever for what ever reason or throw him on the bed what fresh hell is that??!!!

Really who throws a 13 month old on the bed or puts generals in a hair iron!!!

Hope they tie her tubes and make sure she is never responsible for another child!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmomma264
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not saying this is ok.... It is completely fucked up and this woman deserves to die. But why don't people take a second look at genital mutilation aka circumcision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBoats08
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Poor baby :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)