Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess I'll just never understand

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

I've seen several of my friends on facebook who've just had babies and within a couple of weeks of giving birth they are out drinking and partying with friends. I just don't get why (1) your out just a week or two after giving birth without your child, (2) drinking so soon, (3) and choosing not to bf because you'd rather drink. I personally see a problem with it; it's just not something I could do.

I will admit to FF my son because I couldn't produce milk. I do not drink; I've had a sip here or there I didn't like it and it's just not me to drink.

Does anyone else think it's wrong?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shermy
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

It is different than what I am used to, and it is different than how my lifestyle tends to play out. That is all I have got though. 

datssumsheet
by Sarah on May. 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I haven't breastfed any of mine...I tried and pumped some but its not for me and I am having my 5th.  Why let it bother you if someone FF or breastfeeds?  On the other note with the going out thing...thats their choice...not one I would personally make but that would be my choice. 

SarahLizyB
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I don't get why people do that, but not my problem thank goodness
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm right there with ya. Why have kids if you'd rather be doing something else? :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmami10
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I would say they just dont care(about the going out n drinking). Depending on their age or situation they probably wasnt ready for a baby and dont really care to become ready, if that makes sense?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trublonde130
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Whether they BF or FF doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that they choose to FF because they'd rather go out and drink.

I'm for either, if you can BF fabulous for you, I understand BF is not for all and I'm ok with that - honestly I am. It just pulls my nerves that they would choose partying, going out with friends, drinking and posting pictures of it right after they have the baby is a bit ridiculous and giving up nursing because that it what you would rather be doing.

What brought it up was that she posted a picture of a beerita (I think that's what they are called, it has a beer bottle in a margarita glass with the rita mixure) with a caption saying "my first 'rita in 9 months" on of her friends posted "I thought you were nursing?" she came back and said "I was but someone said drinks and I was there." It was an arguement over facebook between them, and it was not a pleasent thing to read, she ended up taking it down after that.

Quoting datssumsheet:

I haven't breastfed any of mine...I tried and pumped some but its not for me and I am having my 5th.  Why let it bother you if someone FF or breastfeeds?  On the other note with the going out thing...thats their choice...not one I would personally make but that would be my choice. 

MommyRJ
by Randee on May. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
You can drink and breast feed. How do you know she didn't pump
Ahead of time so she doesn't have to
Nurse tomorrow? She will pump and throw it out.
I don't understand why your worried about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by Randee on May. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
And no- I didn't mean she can sit with a beer and nurse. I just meant, there's ways to drink once in a while
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2mylilgirlz
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I dont understand the partying drinking thing either..some have different priorities in life i guess..and children are not number one on that list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ciao_bella
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I think it's wrong for you to judge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)