Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone else have issues with their ex's mother?

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just can't DEAL anymore with this situation!

Long story short, father is rarely involved....can count on one hand how many times he's seen my son since we've broken up and my sons about to be three.  Never bought a Birthday card....the list just goes on. 

I know that he's in a relationship, which is whatever i'm now married and i've moved on....with a baby girl on the way.  But nothing is more pathetic to me than not wanting to spend time with your son or be involved in his life, YET he can persue other women.  Where does he find these women anyways?...

So back on subject,

His mom wants to be apart of my sons life, but she lives four hours away.  I've always let her see my son, even though i'm completely annoyed with the situation.  She has the nerve to ask me to take my son who has NO idea who she is for the weekend, then she freaks out when I tell her no.  Then she asks me if i'll attend a family reunion!  BUT she'll pay for my stay in a hotel!??.....really?  Because that would be the most comfortable situation for me?!  It would be different if she tried to keep a relationship with me, or with my son more often...but she's just as flakey as her son.  She makes plans with me then cancels, and even worse doesn't call, just sends texts or emails to ask if she can see my son.  What ever happend to being personable?  I get cancelled on this weekend, without a legit reason.  I feel so overwhelmed with trying to make everyone happy, and trying to protect my son.  I don't want to deal with this stress anymore, feel that it's not fair to me or my son.  Am I alone in this?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
skittlebeans88
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I am not in the situation you are, but I'd stop trying to please your ex mil. If she wants to see your ds, she can drive out and see him. Let her make an effort. Good luck and stay strong mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on May. 16, 2012 at 6:31 AM

I'm sorry to hear about the situation- that sounds like a tuff spot to be in!  :(

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

TempestRayne
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I wouldn't agree to any more visitations.
mrssmitley1210
by on May. 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I have issues with my soon to be ex mil. Shes the reason my husband and I are divorcing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM

That sounds like a bad spot to be in but I agree with skittle, that maybe it's bet to stop trying to make that woman happy and let her come to you instead of going out of your way for her.

Join us in the Kids & Fun group!
Kids & Fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN