Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any BC Mamas Using....?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 12 Replies

The MINI PILL?

I have been using the NFP method + Condoms since our 1 year old was born. I am still night nursing.
We use the condoms during ovulation periods, but are now feeling that we need a little more protection, just in case.

I used the Mini pill when our 1st was born and didn't like it because my 'regular' periods started to become irregular. I wasn't sure if this was because I messed up while taking the pills or it was just the pills.

I go to the Doctor at the beginning of next month. I believe he will be giving me NOR-QD or a generic form.

My question is..... Has the Mini Pill messed with anyone else's periods & how many of you have gotten pregnant while using this pill?

Photobucket

by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma129
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Hated the mini pill. Didnt take it long enough to find out. I just sat and cried for no reason on it. Never again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:25 AM
It messed my periods up completely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snb8604
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I dont know what the mini pill is. I take LoEstrin24 and I love it. My period starts the same day every month and lasts for 3 to 4 days.

kirstensmommie
by Joy on May. 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM

My mom got pregnant twice while on them.

.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on May. 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I think I will talk to the doctor about what he would suggest with what I am going through right now.

Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SundayXC
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I got pregnant on it. I was still nursing my DS1, never had a period, and turned up pregnant when my DS1 was 8months old...

rockin2_manyMOM
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM
I dont trust any bc pills.....too much room for human error lol. Im on the implanon....a small straw-like thing in my arm and I am baby free for three years (or whenever it is removed...) I love it. No periods. No emotional rollar coasters.
collinsmom72
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

used it for almost 2 years- it did cause emotional issues but then I also stopped nursing LO too so ?? I didn't have irregular periods but I was really good about taking it too. No post DS2 Nada no worries I got my tubes tied. :)

at82
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

It depends A LOT on what brand om POPs you use. I've tried some that made me get my period for 7 days every 14 days. It sucked big time. I'm on it right now but wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It has taken away my periods completely but they also made me gain 10 pounds and I feel blah on them. Although I have never got pregnant while using any POPs. I can't wait to get back on the POPs I took before LO was born. They worked PERFECTLY for me. So it makes a BIG difference on what brand

.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on May. 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I believe the only BC that I can get from my doctor is pill form.

We really feel that natural family planning with condoms is not going to be enough for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)