Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Insanity workout, anyone tried it?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM
  • 35 Replies
I'm thinking of purchasing it just wondering if anyone's tried it. Like your results? Did u cheat any, on food maybe? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megankae
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Boom! I have it.
I'm currently ending week two.
It's super extreme, but I love it. I have started twice before (*hangs head*) but never finished. Now with my husband deployed I have a renewed inspiration to get in shape.

It's basically extreme cardio, I would recommend being in some basic shape before starting.
I don't do a diet affiliated with the work out, but I do vegan instead.
I've lost two pounds so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Why not just start off with p90x? Insanity from what I hear is just that! My bffs little sisters BFF is in awesome shape and insanity made her puke he brains out lol.

After this baby is born im starting off with the new p90x first!

Good luck!
RockstarMom86
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM

If you do buy it and try it out let me know if it works. I can't stop watching their little infomercials on it, looks a tad bit too good to be true! lol

Mz.perales
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Px90 has pull bar and other things you have to buy... so if you get insanity it just you and shaw n T mi and my bestie did it every mornin KICK ASS! you dont need to be any shape to get it ... it just a HARD workout that i eva done ! You eat more for metabolism and you get SORE ALOT ! but it WORTH IT .. i lost weight almost 6 pounds 2 week but i might be pregnant so i stop .. doing workouts and drinkin water and eatin less made me loss weight enough my body can a bby again ( im hoping)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I haven't done it myself yet, but ive had several friends do it and it works! Both men and woman! And they didn't even follow the diet. It's so expensive tho. If you can find someone with the CDs ask if you can borrow it or have them make you copies!

Quoting RockstarMom86:

If you do buy it and try it out let me know if it works. I can't stop watching their little infomercials on it, looks a tad bit too good to be true! lol

Elizabeth319
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I did P90X for two weeks before I felt like I was going to die. I say go for it though!

RockstarMom86
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Aww your too sweet that would be awesome. I know it's super expensive and we just don't have that extra to spend on something like that right now.But yeah keep me updated that would be cool. : ) thanks a lot, Elena <3

Quoting kimmaylove013:

I haven't done it myself yet, but ive had several friends do it and it works! Both men and woman! And they didn't even follow the diet. It's so expensive tho. If you can find someone with the CDs ask if you can borrow it or have them make you copies!

Quoting RockstarMom86:

Babybear89
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I love.it. I.need to atart again since my schedule got messed up with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vixcalamity
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I have not tried but a friend of mine is a team beach body coach. She needed to firm up not really trim down and was super successful at it with insanity. I don't think it's for everyone but I think getting active in anyway is a step in the right direction. I say go for it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM

im doing it now! my food choices are staying the same with changes in the portion size and frequency of eating. i eat 5 times a day instead of three and smaller portions. i try to fix my plate like i was fixing it for my son instead...im bad abt over doing my portions. i have done it for three weeks only 15 minutes a day so far and i have lost 6 pounds :) i feel energetic...a little sore but good :) my friend did and she lost 40 pounds! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)