Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

this week has been so bad vent

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM
  • 4 Replies
first our house got broken into. And a bunch of stuff stollen. Now dh and i are argueing over it. I understand dh is scared i am as well my family could have been home and hurt. But we shouldnt be argueing over this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
beco8627
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Well, stress can cause a disconnect in a relationship. This is just another hurdle that you two will have to jump over together. Is it the stolen stuff that you two are arguing over, or is it the safety of your neighborhood? I would suggest sitting down with him when there are no distractions and asking him what's on his mind. Come to him with a loving tone in your voice. Then go from there. Let him know that you want to get through this stressful situation as partners, not enemies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
its not the stuff it is the fact that he wasnt home to stop it.

Quoting beco8627:

Well, stress can cause a disconnect in a relationship. This is just another hurdle that you two will have to jump over together. Is it the stolen stuff that you two are arguing over, or is it the safety of your neighborhood? I would suggest sitting down with him when there are no distractions and asking him what's on his mind. Come to him with a loving tone in your voice. Then go from there. Let him know that you want to get through this stressful situation as partners, not enemies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beco8627
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh. Well yes, as a man I'm sure he feels like he should've been the protector. But he needs to understand that he only assumed your neighborhood is safe enough that you could actually leave your home for a few hours. Let him know that *you* don't blame *him* for this. Nobody could have known this would happen.

Quoting sissy852:

its not the stuff it is the fact that he wasnt home to stop it.

Quoting beco8627:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather.parks
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM

When my DH was in college his apartment was broken into and years later he is still paranoid that will happen again. What I suggest since it's both your home and you have a family, is have a talk. When I say talk I mean it if someone gets loud try to keep each other in check . B/c when you get loud you instantly get on the defense and it doesn't even have to be about you or anything. Anyway Talk about the things that you're each scared of, how you are going to change things...either an security system, we sleep with a machete since it helps him, always keeping the doors locked even when home, try to think of ways that may help. Also what about a support group or so. It may sound silly but this effects you more than people think and just really effcts you. hope things get better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN