Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Could you wait? Getting ready to go to the store and...Update...

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • 32 Replies
Ok so I've decided that if I get a bfp I want to *try* to save the test and hide it, get a u/s and keep it away from Df until either his bday (June 8th) or until Father's day. Either day I'd dress ds in a "big brother" shirt and give Df his present first thing in the am.
My only problem: I'm horrible with surprises. Lol is want to tell him right away! I'd want to call him with the bfp news and scream with excitement. :)
Anyways, have any of you waited? How'd you do it?
Also, ds will be 7 months on the 22nd, how do I keep the news from my family until the wedding (August 18th)???
I'm so horrible with keeping secrets! Lol
(this is all pending a bfp btw, I'm a day late and have been having symptoms)
Update: ok I've decided I won't be able to wait lol so I'm feeding ds then going to the store to get a test. I'll take it there and depending on if it's bfp or not, I'll get a pack of newborn diapers, wrapping paper and a card that says something like "to our dad" and sign it Benji and baby. :) I'll give it to him tonight as an early bday gift lol.

Update: :( after 2 bfn I'm a little bummed but there's nothing I can do but wait for af. I had a tiny bit of spotting on the 13th, I have 2 more tests so I'll wait another week or so. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM
i never could wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenny_Penny89
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I couldn't wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamily24
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I couldn't wait to tell my husband, but it would be easy for me to wait to tell everyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM
He's always been with me with every one I took. We have to be together for the results. He's my best friend, and I won't test or get a test done without him being nervous with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I couldn't wait

Rach0307
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had to wait because when I found out, DH was out to sea for a couple of weeks and I wanted to tell him in person. I bought a onsie that said "Navy Baby" and wrapped it as a gift for when he came home, and that's how I told him. However, I had to tell someone when I first found out, so I did tell my aunt. I couldn't keep it completely to myself.

OT, your DF and my son share a birthday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I would wait to test. No way could I do that to him, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaches9
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I waited. I took a picture of the test and was going to frame it and give it to mu hubby for Christmas. I wasn't able to get the picture printed but had my camera with me and told him that I had a picture of his present but he wouldn't be able to actually have it for a while. We decided to give each other one gift on Christmas Eve so he did get it a little early. I did tell my best friend though so that helped. I am horrible with secrets too but I knew it would be better if I waited.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I would have one hell of a time keeping it in and would spill it. Good luck!!!
TempestRayne
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I couldn't wait either. Maybe you should just wait to test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN