Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay-at-Home Mommys & College student too How do u do it?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 26 Replies

I'm a stay at home mom with a one year and currently working on my BA in early childhood development. My career of choice is child care and im close to being able to become a Center Director or Public school teacher. My question is How do you do it school and a baby all day? When i open my book i think he knows it and immediately starts crying lol I'm doing good but not as good as i was before my little one. Any advice???teacher

by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tpaangel8122
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i did it working fulltime w/ a 1yr old. Most of the time i waited till last minute to study and turn in papers lol, but i work well under pressure. Just try when you can, when they are sleeping, sneak a little studying in. Good luck mama!

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I go to college online and have a two year old and a 4 year old. I started when my daughter was 4 months old (she's the two year old now). It can be difficult but we manage. Do it during naptime or after bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I got to school full time and work 30 hours a week. Luckily ds is 3 and understands when i tell him mommy has homework. Hell get his "homework" (usually a coloring book) and does it with me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

You have to squeeze it in where you can and take advantage of naptime and bedtime. It means sacrificing a lot of sleep and studying or doing school work rather than housework, and it's hard, but it's doable. I earned my BS in Accounting with two under foot, and it was the hardest few years of my life, but so worth it in the end.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

it is not easy, I can't study once they go to bed because I am tired as well. So as bad as it sounds, I take an hour or two and pop in a movie for the kids, then I listen to classical and do what homework i can for that day

coupon_ash_back
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

not sure..it was easier when they are younger... now that they are toddlers it's pretty difficult. Nap time is the best study time.

Cchancey10
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I start five classes Monday. Every time I even pick up a book my son wants me. With three classes online this is going to suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrys023
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:22 PM
I work full time, go to school full time, and have a crazy 1 year old. I just do my homework at my parents where they keep him busy. It's not easy but worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I just do it. I don't know how.. lol

karla85
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Well, my mom gets my kids from school when I won't be able to make it. I hustle during the day when I'm not in school and study and do paperwork after the kids go to bed. I'm almost done with school so it worked out pretty good :)
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)