Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

is it possible

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
To break the cartilage in your ear? Please dont laugh Im dead serious. My youngest is an extremely active baby, shes 15 months and climbs everywhere. Well, yesterday we were on the couch and she was on my lap when daddy came home and she got very excited. My head was turned my left ear/side of my head was facing her. She did her usual spazz thing and flung her upper body straight back. Her head collided with my ear. Holy mother of everything the pain was awful! I handed her off to dh and I sat crying for probably twenty minutes. I couldnt sleep on my left side last night the pain was that awful. Now my ear hurts and its purple/blue and just hurts if my hair even touches. My hearing if muffled too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Ouch... You might wanna ask Dr. Google.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Im pretty sure you can't actually break cartilage but there are tiny bones in your ear that can be broken. Cartilage will swell and bruise just like any other part of your body though. Sorry mama hope it feels better soon :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2114
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Ugh I'm sorry. I'm hurting now you poor thing
kaygarcia97
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I figured as much. Its so sore! I have placed ice packs, heat packs, taken ibuprofen and still no relief. She has a hard head like her daddy

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Im pretty sure you can't actually break cartilage but there are tiny bones in your ear that can be broken. Cartilage will swell and bruise just like any other part of your body though. Sorry mama hope it feels better soon :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN