Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Cheap cheap cheapskate

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 40 Replies

Bwahaha. I kid.

Hey ladies... if any of you are looking for a cheap wedding set to wear to the gym, or just a stand in until you can afford something more expensive, Inspired Silver is having a great sale on wedding sets.

They have a selection of lovely wedding sets on sale for just $20 right now. My brother in law got a set for my sister from them and she's been wearing it daily for three months (she was terrified of wearing real diamonds so this set is her training bra). Hers passes for real and has held up really well so far.

http://www.inspiredsilver.com/c19_20-wedding-set-sale.html

by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Some of those are cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Ikr? I asked DH for a set for my birthday. I'd love to have something I could wear during the summer when my fingers swell and I spend half my time in the water (lakes and pools). They're super cute and even cheaper than those chintzy fake rings you can get at Wally World.

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Some of those are cute!

sreichelt26
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM

If she's scared of real diamonds, have her look into Moissanite. That's what I have - more expensive than CZ, obviously, but a fraction of the cost of diamonds. And it's chemically the same, but more brilliant. My ring actually tested as a diamond, even though it isn't :)

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll look into it. I think she's surprised herself with how well she has cared for this ring, so I'm hoping she is ready for a real diamond soon. My BIL called me panicked because he was going to an appointment at a jewelers (she didn't know) but that she had been dropping hints about the fact that she "hated" diamonds. She didn't really hate them, she was just a lifelong tomboy and didn't think she could handle having real diamonds on her finger. lol. Her poor husband. He ended up buying her a CZ from Inspired Silver and ended up spending the rest on an amazing new camera with upgrades for her. So she got a fake ring and an engagement camera which actually suited her perfectly.

Quoting sreichelt26:

If she's scared of real diamonds, have her look into Moissanite. That's what I have - more expensive than CZ, obviously, but a fraction of the cost of diamonds. And it's chemically the same, but more brilliant. My ring actually tested as a diamond, even though it isn't :)

tazmidgiefairy
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I don't want a real set because I have so many jobs where people could still them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM

thanks! sadly i want just a band. i have a nice ring bu ti never wear it. i want just a simple band. who knew those would be so expensive???

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM

They're expensive? My usual ring is just my plain gold band that I got years ago. I used to scratch myself with my engagement ring all the time.

Shoot! You're right! I just looked up the same ring I bought back in 2009. It has gone up $40 in the last two and a half years! That's insane.

Quoting ilovecandy:

thanks! sadly i want just a band. i have a nice ring bu ti never wear it. i want just a simple band. who knew those would be so expensive???

kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
bumping this! just might have to get me a set! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Bump

Babybear89
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Nice I actually like the idea of fake diamonds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)