Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

New to Cafemom =)

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi there! My name is Alicia and I'm 23 years old. I have a boyfriend and we have a daughter named Kaye who is 1 1/2 years old.  I went to college before I started dating my boyfriend, but hated my school, dropped out to have a wild and free summer with him.. We moved back home because we were broke.. had a kinda crazy unstable relationship for a while.. then I got pregnant and we had Kaye.. our relationship has really stabilized over the last year and I am very hopeful about our future together. As for myself, I went back to school last fall and am pursuing a nursing degree. I am currently taking Anatomy and Physiology 1 this summer, and then I'll take A&P 2 in the fall.. I was hoping to take the NLN after I completed A&P 1&2 and then apply to the nursing program.. However life seems to be taking its own turns as I just go for the ride.. I just found out a couple weeks ago that we are expecting again. My boyfriend is thrilled and I am pretty happy too.. but I'm just nervous.. I wanna get married, I wanna finish school, we don't even live together yet. I'm already going crazy just trying to take this A&P class because the only time I have to do my work is when Kaye is napping and when she goes to bed.. I feel like I have chronic fatigue, I have no free time to be with my friends or relax.. Either way, I am generally a happy person, and I have a positive attitude that the future will be good (the present is good, too, just challenging!) I decided to join cafemom because I was google searching trying to find a spot where I could talk to other moms, get/give advice and encouragement, and just learn new things and stay social from my home! I find it very hard at the age of 23 to be constantly taking care of my child, going to school, studying, and working. I hope that this online community will be a good place to learn and grow, especially as I am going through my 2nd pregnancy. Thanks for reading!

by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rlemon
by on May. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Being a young mom with a little one is  tough ... now adding school and a 2nd on plus still trying to juggle friendships and a relationship ... that's gotta be tough! I just joined cafemom too ... I'm juggling being a single mom of a 6month baby boy, while work 40-50hrs/week at a new job, and trying to fight for child support from the sperm donor ... and on top of it just maintaining sanity with friends and trying to date. No one ever said life was easy in general ... but adding kids in the mix is hard!! Let's keep in touch, I would love to hear about the new little one ... and the fact you're still pushing to get your degree is awesome! I was lucky and got my bachelors right before my son was born ... but I plan to go back for more classes and stuff soon. Good-luck and hope to hear from you! Chin up momma!!

*Single Mommy of 1 amazingly adorable baby boy*
   11-4-11 changed my life 
           Liam Rylan

itsblissmas
by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hi and welcome! Good luck with everything. :o)

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Hi Alicia! Welcome to the group! It's great to meet you. Earning a degree while juggling marriage and kids is pretty rough, lol, but it's so very much worth it in the end. Just cut yourself some slack for not doing everything perfectly and do the best you can when you can. Take advantage of naps or even using videos/TV to help entertain the little one for a bit so you can do your work and/or study. You'll definitely be sleep deprived for a while, but again, it's worth it. I earned my Bachelor's in Accounting when my two were babies and I remember how hard it was. I'm happy to help however I can. :)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Reina13
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Hello and welcome ?Alicia!!  Wow, you are a busy mommy. You seem to have the drive and determination to succeed. You will be exhausted for a while, but I think you can do it all. Good luck to you.

Join us in The Beauty & Style Lounge!

freshmom88
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Omgosh for a second I thought u were my sister! She is also named alicia, 23yrs old and pursuing a nursing degree! How crazy! Anyway, welcome to cafemom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN