Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Prego and swimsuit choosing.. help?

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM
  • 29 Replies

Ok so ive been thinking since im gonna be 3-5 months prego during summer (durration being now to august when the pools close) and I have this really cute bikini i got last year still bran new barely got to wear it and i want to wear it this year since my butt will get bigger and the bottoms will actually fit me now (lol) but my question is.. im already showing quite a bit so by the time 3-5 months comes along ill have a significant baby bump going on so would it be "disgusting" to wear a bikini or even a monokini to a pool/beach/sandbar? Or do i really have to wear those ugly tankini's most pregnant women get? cause honestly, i hate them their ugly (on me) and they never have a "pretty" style one and theyre just blech to me you know?

pregnant bellyDue: December 7th, 2012. stork

by on May. 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilTymomma
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Let me guess first time mommy? I was the same way when i was prego but the sooner u get used to it the better. Some of us dont get to get to our pre prego size and some do. You dont have to wear prego bathing suits, prego bellies are cute. u can choose a top that looks kinda like the shirt u have on your pic but with a cut in the middle and the same bottom. Im not sure if u get me but u dont necessarily have to shop and the maternity sction if you dont want you can be creative. Good Luck !!! Congrats!!!

smalltowngirl22
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:48 AM

lol yes i get ya. its like those monokinis where its a one piece but theres cuts in it and parts missing so it shows some skin just not as much as a bikini.. thanks. I think i should just shop (and try them on) for things that I think look good on me. prego bellies are cute and beautiful and whoever is "grossed out" by my prego belly can just suck it cause um duh, God made us to stretch for a reason, made us have uterus's for a reason and there should be no shame in showing it off lol thankfully im really skinny and so is my mom even after 3 kids so im sure ill go back down to my orriginal 98lbs (i know underweight) lol i just hope i dont get horrible stretch marks! 0_o lol

pregnant bellyDue: December 6th, 2012stork

kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM
2 moms liked this

wear it hun, my 7 month pregnant belly, is going to be hanging all out in my bikini! you shouldnt hide your pregnant body anymore than you would your regular body!!! 

Cherryxcupcake
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:56 AM
If u have the confidence wear it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngirl22
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Quoting kmorales7690:

wear it hun, my 7 month pregnant belly, is going to be hanging all out in my bikini! you shouldnt hide your pregnant body anymore than you would your regular body!!! 

lol thanks. its weird tho because i have pretty low self esteem always have but i dress to "impress" if you know what i mean and some people think its too much and that i may be a s*ut but honestly even in my best sexy not too showy outfit i still dont feel pretty so im like now with pregnancy i KNOW i dont have to try to be sexy/pretty i mean if i was single, who'd want a prego chick? lol but yea thanks i think ima let it "all hang out" lol who knows? maybe ill be a cute prego lol

pregnant bellyDue: December 6th, 2012stork

aimhawk
by on May. 20, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I wore a bikini with DD. I don't know all the lingo, but I also had one the tied at the neck and came down huggin my baby bump, it was super cute!

laurenb1
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM
You can wear a bikini. I was scared too. I was further along when iwas pregnant in the summer but I wore I tank top over it.. Only because the top was too small. If it fits then wear it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Nope I would wear a bikini. It's the only time I don't mind my gut lol.

mommy0708toJC
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM

IMO I think it's really cute to see a mom who's the right size with a baby bump in a bikini! Look at like this, your making a person so everything that goes with that is water under the bridge (meaning what people say) I say wear it and enjoy it! I remember when I lived in VA beach this women was pregnant and had the cutiest baby bump and had a white bikini and I complimented her on how cute she looked. 

KatieFlower
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Tankini?

Im no help I wear a tshirt and shorts even when i am not preggo lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN