Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My neighbor

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
This is not a religion bash just so you know. He's christian science and idk of this has anything to do with it.. But he does this on Sunday nights: he's sitting on his back porch with his laptop and acoustic guitar and singing wicked loud.. Recording it. Like.. Really loud. The houses are too close together here. They also leave their poor dog outside all day when they're not home. Poor thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM
If it isn't late, id just ignore the singing. If it bothers you, just turn on your own music.

As for the dog, does it have a dog house or other adequate shelter? Is there food and water outside? Of not, I'd call the ASPCA, that is cruel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Yeah it is late.. Df said he's calling the cops of he's still doing it at 9. We've also considered calling about the dog too

Quoting MamaPeanut:

If it isn't late, id just ignore the singing. If it bothers you, just turn on your own music.

As for the dog, does it have a dog house or other adequate shelter? Is there food and water outside? Of not, I'd call the ASPCA, that is cruel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:40 PM

bahaha! idk why i found this funny.

I think it's just the image of what this must look like that popped in my head.

that probably get's old reallly quick. I'd be so annoyed.

laurenb1
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:41 PM
These people are weird too. It's a 2 bedroom ranch which is a good starter home but they have 2 teenage sons plus 2 older men renting there, one of which lives in a big van in the driveway

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Yeah, I would after 9 also. No reason he can't do that inside like a normal person.

And poor dog. :(

Quoting laurenb1:

Yeah it is late.. Df said he's calling the cops of he's still doing it at 9. We've also considered calling about the dog too

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Eww. That can't be legal.

Quoting laurenb1:

These people are weird too. It's a 2 bedroom ranch which is a good starter home but they have 2 teenage sons plus 2 older men renting there, one of which lives in a big van in the driveway

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I don't think it is and it's 9:12 and the noise is still going. In sitting in ds's room trying to help him fall asleep. Df is going to call the cops in a couple minutes

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Eww. That can't be legal.

Quoting laurenb1:

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Unfortunately the law says uness it is before 6am or after 11pm (at least in alabama) then there is nothing they can/will do about the noise.

As far the dog goes, the dog may just love being an outside dog.  We have a Golden Retriever who we have tried time and time again to bring inside and he refuses to be an "inside" dog, even if its just a few hours.  He LOVES to be outside.  As long as the dog has shelter, food, water and is looked after then I don't see anything wrong with it.

laurenb1
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM
It's always yapping to go inside and the owners aren't even home to let it in. That's why I feel bad for it.

Quoting Momof2almost:

Unfortunately the law says uness it is before 6am or after 11pm (at least in alabama) then there is nothing they can/will do about the noise.

As far the dog goes, the dog may just love being an outside dog.  We have a Golden Retriever who we have tried time and time again to bring inside and he refuses to be an "inside" dog, even if its just a few hours.  He LOVES to be outside.  As long as the dog has shelter, food, water and is looked after then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Momof2almost:

I meant to say that the cops won't do anything around here UNLESS the noise is occuring between 11pm-6am.  I butchered it the first time I tried to say it!  lol

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN