Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i need to lose weight.

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 52 Replies

i would love if there was a magic pill or diet that allowed me to drop the pounds over night but sadly there is not. i have tried several different diets and work out videos but i have achieved nothing. most women don't share this information but i will because i need help, i am almost 200 lbs. i recently got professional pictures done with my dd and hated the way i looked in them. have any of you ladies discovered a diet/work-out plan that worked for you? i know the normal "eat better, exercise" but i need details. like what kind of work-outs work best and what foods are your favorites. are there any healthy meals you would recommend? i'm not looking for a easy way out i just want something that works!

help please!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Join healthy weight loss group. It's awesome.
I need to lose weight too. So far I'm down 10 lbs. Today I popped my knee out again :(.
If you have a smartphone you can track calories and exercise with myfitnesspal.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I am starting the HCG diet tomorrow. You can lose 25-30 lbs in 30-40 days. Last time I did it I lost 25 lbs in 30 days. It really works and it also "resets" your metabolism so you don't just rebound and gain it all back. I did the diet then went straight to weight watchers and didn't end up gaining any weight back till I got pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I heard of that, care to elaborate some?

Quoting novachick:

I am starting the HCG diet tomorrow. You can lose 25-30 lbs in 30-40 days. Last time I did it I lost 25 lbs in 30 days. It really works and it also "resets" your metabolism so you don't just rebound and gain it all back. I did the diet then went straight to weight watchers and didn't end up gaining any weight back till I got pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demlilkit
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Hcg is also a hormone. Diet your given shot of hormones like your body produces on your period to make you not hungry.

Quoting -Chaotic-:

Quoting novachick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaehawk
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM
High protein worked for my mom..i had to start eating gluten free and i dropped 30lbs in 2 mos..hope u find something that works for u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demlilkit
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM
It's also a diet where you input eat like 500 calories a day.

Quoting -Chaotic-:

Quoting novachick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I heard they were in the process of banning this diet because its dangerous. My cousin did it... 500 calories per day she was tired all the time. In total lost 100lbs O.o

Quoting novachick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Things to avoid; fake sugars, empty calories, sweet sugary temptations
I drink water with lemon, and cut all other drinks out, most the time. Also I think diets set you up to fail, living a healthier lifestyle works.
Find out how many calories you need to maintain your body, or if you workout add those too, and remember that's your minimum! You can't undereat. Also going it alone sucks. Get a workout buddy or join a group, online and rl. Sorry it's all random, just thinking off the top of my head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaof4Nproud
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so jelous right now you ladies are tryin to lose wait and have so many option while im tryin to gain 20lbs and have no option if you seen me you would not belive i have 4 kids im, 26 in a 16 year old body .i wish i coluld get some extra pounds from one of you ladies belive me  loli hate being so slim .

demlilkit
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM
My mom spent like 300$ just for the hormone shots for a month on that diet and a mint and a half later she gained most of her weight back after she was off .

Quoting lilmama8408:

I heard they were in the process of banning this diet because its dangerous. My cousin did it... 500 calories per day she was tired all the time. In total lost 100lbs O.o

Quoting novachick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)