Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i would love if there was a magic pill or diet that allowed me to drop the pounds over night but sadly there is not. i have tried several different diets and work out videos but i have achieved nothing. most women don't share this information but i will because i need help, i am almost 200 lbs. i recently got professional pictures done with my dd and hated the way i looked in them. have any of you ladies discovered a diet/work-out plan that worked for you? i know the normal "eat better, exercise" but i need details. like what kind of work-outs work best and what foods are your favorites. are there any healthy meals you would recommend? i'm not looking for a easy way out i just want something that works!

help please!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
larschick
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Not sure where that is I'm in new Tazewell

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

I'm in NE Tennessee . Piney Flats actually!

Quoting larschick:

Me too. R there any moms in east TN that wanna start a group weight loss thingy????

Quoting SparklingHope:

Yeah, I hear ya I have a thyroid problem and now arthritis, but the thyroid problem makes it difficult to lose weight. I'd like to lose like 50lbs. :/

Quoting larschick:

I wanna loose weight too, but not sure were to start. I have had so many weight gain complications in the past 3 yrs idk what to do: ds, IUD, thyroid problems, diabetes, etc.......it's driving me insane.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM
My husband lost 75lbs in 5 months with atkins but instead of starting low on carbs and sugar after a few weeks he stuck to none at all. I tried it and couldn't do it. I also heard its pretty bad if you do it over long periods of time. I'm not sure if I would recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I really need to start it again to. I never have the motivation/encouragement to go post about a week. When you starting?

Quoting SuprMom08:

try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I'm getting ready to start it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Lol I don't know where your at either. Do you know were Johnson city our the Bristol speed way is? I'm between them!

Quoting larschick:

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Quoting larschick:

Me too. R there any moms in east TN that wanna start a group weight loss thingy????

Quoting SparklingHope:

Yeah, I hear ya I have a thyroid problem and now arthritis, but the thyroid problem makes it difficult to lose weight. I'd like to lose like 50lbs. :/

Quoting larschick:

I wanna loose weight too, but not sure were to start. I have had so many weight gain complications in the past 3 yrs idk what to do: ds, IUD, thyroid problems, diabetes, etc.......it's driving me insane.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larschick
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Oh that's about 2 hrs north of me....I'm closer to the ky, va, & tn line

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Lol I don't know where your at either. Do you know were Johnson city our the Bristol speed way is? I'm between them!

Quoting larschick:

Quoting Bl3ss3dMommi:

Quoting larschick:

Quoting SparklingHope:

Quoting larschick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyNyx
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I'm not sure about this one, but it sounds promising. I'm reading a book right now called "The 17 Day Diet" by Dr. Mike Moreno. I found it at the library, so you should be able to as well if you're interested.

toddler girlblowing bubbleslistening to tunesteen girlbaseball

There's not enough coffee in the world to gain as much energy as these 5!

momma21qtpi
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I'm doing a diet where you eat a few bites every 30 minutes. And I mean a few little bites. Just enough to keep you satisfied. Never hungry, never full. I eat meats, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, veggies, or fruits. Never have more than 10 carbs per mini-meal. And try to keep my calorie intake low. I also walk at least an hour every day. So far, I've lost 9 pounds in a week and a half. It's working awesome for me.

sreichelt26
by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

There has only ever been one meal/diet plan that ever worked for me. When I did it, I was 195 and within 10 weeks I was 175. Got it from my family practice doctor:

When you stick to the diet perfectly, you will drop weight fairly quickly. Once you're closer to your goal, you can add back in small amounts of bread, pasta, and other things that aren't "allowed" in the meal plan. Once you hit your goal, you can eat pretty much whatever you want, as long as you keep your calorie count where it's supposed to be (1200-1500 per day).

You can also ask your doctor to put you on Phentermine, which is an appetite suppressant. I stopped taking it because I wasn't hungry at ALL, so i didn't want to eat anything...but it helped me get used to the diet in the beginning so it's habit to eat less now.

I copied the meal plan below, but just a couple tips that I learned while doing it. The lunch/dinner meals are A LOT of food, so instead of 6 oz, I'd do more like 5oz (you'll see what i mean), and then I started getting rid of the salad and just doubling up on whatever veggies I've made.

Meal Plan:

Breakfast (7am-9am)

Pellegrino Shake: In a blender, mix 2 cups soy milk, one cored apple, one banana, one quarter cup frozen blueberries, one tablespoon peanut butter, one half to 1 cup of frozen fruit to thicken.(I use frozen strawberries) (Makes 2 servings)

Alternative:
8 oz of nonfat yogurt
1 oz of oatmeal
6 oz of fruit

No tropical fruit
No watermelon
No grapes
No dairy
No bananas (except in shake)
Pineapple is ok

Lunch (12pm-2pm)

6 oz of protein (males), 4 oz for females (about the size of the palm of your hand)
6 oz of steamed vegetables
6 oz of salad
Ladies - One tablespoon of salad dressing
Men - Two tablespoons of salad dressing

No Corn
No Peas

Dinner (5pm-7pm)

Same as lunch, except 6-10 oz of salad

**remember, sauces and marinades add calories, but spices don't! So season that meat all you want!

Tips:
-He told me to "count calories" and only consume 1200-1500 per day. *again...I'd start at 1500 to get metabolism going, then work down to 1200 a day.*

-Cut out pasta and bread completely. Once you're down to your normal/goal weight you can add them back in, but cutting them out completely will give you the best and fastest results.

-Purchase a digital scale to portion out food (at least to start til you're used to seeing how much each portion should look)

-No eating out (or if you must, try to order something similar to the plan)
*A lot of places put the calories next to the menu items, so this helps in staying within your calories*

-Don't skip meals (it slows your metabolism)

-When your old clothing is too big, throw it away

-Don't worry too much about exercise. As long as you're active, even just walking you're fine. It doesn't affect your weight as much as you think. (The example he gave is that the average person will bust out 45 min at the gym and burn around 400 calories. 400 calories = 2 fortune cookies)

-BIGGEST TIP: Your biggest meal should always be breakfast, normal size at lunch, and smallest at dinner.

*Something else that helps in preparation and stuff. Cook double for you, then eat half at dinner and the other half for lunch the next day and repeat. That way you don't have to "cook" lunch everyday...it's already done! And with restaurants, it's rare to find something within your calorie range so just split it. Like once we went to Friday's. I got a club sandwich (900 calories) with a side salad, dressing on the side (60 calories). I ate half there with the salad, then took the other half for lunch the next day and made a side salad at home.

1sttimemom21212
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I didn't read all of the replies so I don't know if anyone mentioned this. Watch the documentary forks over knives! My husband and I are going to do this plant based diet starting in a couple of weeks. I think we are also going to try the couch to 5k. We both want to drop quite a bit of weight. This diet makes total sense if you watch the documentary. I know it's going to be difficult but we are desperate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catskillmama
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:53 AM

As for diet, I eat a lot of foods that are high in protein and fiber, I avoid gluten (because I have developed an intolerance to it, and can no longer eat it). Whole grain oats are great, unflavored greek yogurt with some fresh or frozen fruit mixed in, fish is great (without breading, I bake mine, grill it, or cook it on the stove in some olive oil), brown rice, and I eat loads of salad (light on the dressing of course, because it's not very good for you)...just things like that. I drink LOTS of water, and hot green tea is great too. As far as exercise, I usually work out 3 days in a row and then I take 2 days off. On the 2 days off I go for a half hour walk. As far as the type of workouts, I change them up, I don't do the same exact thing every day. I alternate between cardio, strength training, arobics, yoga, and belly dancing (which is a lot of fun by the way!). So far I have lost a decent amount of weight doing this, but it does take time. Just be patient with yourself and your body, and keep your chin up : ). Try to think positively, because stress or stressing over weight loss can actually keep you from losing weight, or worse it can make you gain more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN