Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Please, dear, pick up your s***!

When dh is home, I go into the kitchen, there papers, and dishes everywhere, the bread isn't tied back, mayo, ketchup and all the refrigerated stuff is left laying on the counter, next to the sink, theres a wad of papertowls.. he used enough to replace a towel after showering! I walk in the bathroom, the toilet hasn't been flushed, and his clothes are thrown everywhere! I went to the bathroom last night and face planted in the floor because he left his towel in the doorway. Seriously???
Please! Pick yo sh*t the f up!

Ok. I'm done.

Is your dh / so this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Replies (71-76):
Kayser3207
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM

You guys make me so grateful for my husband. Yes he's messy, but if I ask him to pick his stuff up, he does. My guy for some reason just cannot see the mess he makes until I point it out to him. I used to have the make him a check list otherwise he'd just forget. The list gave him something tangible and it was always kept in the same place: on the fridge. 

Good luck!

autumn_dunlap
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I think we're married to the same man!!! you just quoted his exact words. Oh it pisses me off! I shot back at him once and said "fine you think it's SO easy staying home with 3 kids (they're 5, 3 & 1) then I'll go to work and let's see how fast you change you're mind of "I just lay around all day"

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Mine comes up with excuses... " I work all day all week.. give me a break!"

After1
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Sometimes mind does this too. But not as drastic What gets me is he is the first to complain when something isn't done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowWaters
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM

He was that way and still can be at times but I left his messes it took about 4 days before he noticed the mess but finally did and when he complained I told him "you made it all by yourself that means you can clean it all by yourself; I'm the mother of two not three" he's done much better since realizing how unfair it is to ask me to come behind and pick up after him like I'm his mom too.

Jennybrown
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Yes I constantly nag him to. So he's gotten a little bit better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Yep he walks in the door starts stripping off clothes leaving a trail behind him as he makes his way to the fridge then the shower. Roar !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN