Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

do you know who is ruining the sanctity of marriage?

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 465 Replies
104 moms liked this
-Straight people.
Do you know who is raising the divorce rates?
-straight people.

Think about it.

Heres an example ;

Tim and sally were dating for two years. They get engaged, & marry 8 months later. After 2 years of marriage, they realize they dont love each other anymore because of so much drama in their marriage, they divorce. Their marriage was a waste, and a privledge they have taken for granted.
*but its okay, because they are straight, so they "deserve" this privledge*

Brad and Hank have been in a devoted, loving partnership for 15 years. They have been living together for 10 years, ans cannot make their relationship legal because the law does not allow gay marriages. Brad ends up very sick & dies, hank is left with nothing after sharing so many years together.
*they are denied the marriage privledge because they are a gay couple.*

So, two opposite sex people can play wedding and life together, and completely take advantage of what is supposed to be "holy and sacred" just because they can. Does anyone else see a problem with this? I am divorced. My marriage was a lie...but I still had the "right" to be married. I know so many gay, and lesbian couples who have been together 5+ years, and will never have a "legal" union. Its so unfair. How was my marriage any more special? Why did I have that right, but gays do not?

I have an idea.
If we really want to save the sanctity of marriage, lets just ban ALL marriages, therefore, there are NO divorces...resulting in saving the "holiness" of marriage! Problem solved, crisis averted.

Its not about religion, or what god says is right or wrong. This is 2012. Its about basic HUMAN rights.
Christians, does your god really hate gays? Wasn't he the one that taught you never to judge? Do you think god really judges, or hates gays? If that were all true, and you deep down believe god created EVERYONE, why do gays even exist?

So tell me, do you agree, or disagree with my post? Im all for some healthy debate! :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM
10 moms liked this

I love your post. :)

rlemon
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM
10 moms liked this

I hate that this is so true ... but you can only put the blame on straight people because they are the only ones allowed to marry. 

I fully believe that those in a same-sex relationship should have equal opportunity to receive benefits from their partner like we do in straight marriages.

Jenny_Penny89
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:07 AM
11 moms liked this
I really dont care what others do. Get married if you want, doesn't affect me. But I think its wrong when a minister can go to jail for refusing to marry a gay couple.

I agree with this post.

God doesn't hate anybody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I just dont understand why the government is trying to "save" the right to marry so much. Straight people are screwing it up. Adding the gays to marry in the equation would only make the divorce rates a little lower, because gays seem to stay in committed, loving relationships. Like I said in my post, 99% od the gays and lesbians I know, have been with their partners for many, many years! Straight couples seem to date for a little while, marry, & then divorce. Idk, hopefully in my lifetime ill get to see my lovely gay friends walk down the aisle!!

Quoting rlemon:

I hate that this is so true ... but you can only put the blame on straight people because they are the only ones allowed to marry. 

I fully believe that those in a same-sex relationship should have equal opportunity to receive benefits from their partner like we do in straight marriages.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
I completely agree with your post!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
6 moms liked this
Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.
-Ayn Rand

The dumb ass bigots who are against gay marriage, don't have the ability to use reason or logic...trying to use logic and reason with them is hopeless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
The whole "god doesnt agree with gays" always comes up in posts like these. I just dont understand how such a loving god would dislike someone for being who they are, ya know? :(

Quoting Jenny_Penny89:

I really dont care what others do. Get married if you want, doesn't affect me. But I think its wrong when a minister can go to jail for refusing to marry a gay couple.

I agree with this post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
first.time.momy
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this
I totally and 100% agree with your post! God doesn't hate ANYBODY! And if two people of the same sex weren't meant to be together they wouldn't be. Love does not know gender, race, religion or age. You don't get to choose who you fall in love with it just happens. And love is an amazing thing. So if God didn't want people of the same sex to be together he wouldn't allow them to fall in love with each other. Gays DON'T CHOOSE to be gay. Much the same way I didn't CHOOSE to be born a female. That is just the way God intended for it to be. If I have the right to be married so should Tom and Hank or Lynn and Teressa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM
7 moms liked this

I agree. And if marriage is such a holy and religious institution then the state should have no part of it. We should just have religious marriages that are spiritual ceremonies performed by the religious leader or person of our choice, not sanctioned by the state in any way.

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Has there actually been a case of that? As the law currently stands, a church can decline to marry any couple that they don't think should be married. I think it should stay that way, particularly since there are plenty of ministers that will marry same sex couples, or they could go the courthouse route.

I haven't read every proposed same sex marriage legislation for every state, but I have heard rumours that one of them included a section stating that anyone denying same sex couples access to a venue could be sued. I think that's overreaching and would not support that portion of any legislation.

Quoting Jenny_Penny89:

I agree with this post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)